- What Expenses can you Claim when Self-Employed?
- If The Tax Cuts Don’t Last, Will Your Retirement Funds? 4 Ways To Make Sure
- Common Self Assessment Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Is the High Income Child Benefit Charge Unfair?
- How long does it take to get tax refund
- What is Taxable Income?
- Do You Know What Your Tax Code Means?
- Is the UK’s recent MTD legislation the new global tax blueprint?
- Software investment is crucial as VAT collection enters new era
- The challenges of complying with conflicting regulations: reality versus practicality
- Time is Running Out to File Your Self Assessment Tax Return
- Tax Preparation Specialist Issues Guidance to Help Taxpayers Struggling with Self Assessment
- Simplifying IT Complexity in the Public Sector
- Taxation of the digital economy
- Personal taxation in Cyprus
- Taxpayers need option to direct application of Section 965 Over-payments, AICPA tells Treasury and IRS
- What is qualified business income?
- AI will not replace ‘humans doing thinking things’
- Taxpayers for Accountability in Government, LLC
- IR35 Argument Rages On
- Tax-efficient investing
- EY acquires new cryptocurrency technology
- Uncertainty and Opportunity as Small and Medium- Sized Enterprises Face Banking Change
- What Is Treasury Direct? Everything You Need To Know About It?
- Former TransferWise and MarketInvoice employees raise £300K to launch tax preparation startup
- Leading Tax Expert Urges Taxpayers to Take Advantage of Tax Break for Married Couples
- John Hancock Recognized for Innovation in Financial Education
- Supreme Court Upends Tax Rules for Remote Sellers
- What is Gross Income?
- Allstate Foundation Purple Purse and Serena Williams Launch National Street Art Campaign to Make Domestic Violence and Financial Abuse Visible
- UKEF Appoints Samir Parkash As Chief Risk Officer
- High-Tech Data Centers Sales and Use Tax Exemption on Equipment
- ISG Awarded IT Services Contract by State of Texas
- Deloitte: Transfer pricing should be top of agenda for all tax executives in 2018
- Two favourable developments for shareholders and investors of Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins
- Self Employed? Five reasons to trust your pension
- What Can We Learn from Carillion’s Demise?
- Deloitte: Kuwait eyes private sector to invest in country’s infrastructure projects
- A summary of transfer pricing guidelines
- AICPA Requests Additional Guidance from IRS
- Be Aware of Tax Changes from Friday
- BAILING IN DEPOSITORS – LESSONS FROM CYPRUS
- OVER 50% OF BUSINESSES UNCERTAIN ABOUT HOW MUCH “FOREIGN VAT” THEY CAN RECLAIM
- 6 MONTHS ON – HOW HAVE THE AFFORDABILITY ASSESSMENT CHANGES AFFECTED LANDLORDS?
- ICPA REACHES 1000 MEMBER MILESTONE
- IRA RAPHAELSON, FORMER SENIOR JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL AND GENERAL COUNSEL TO MAJOR CORPORATIONS, JOINS STROOCK IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
- AICPA URGES IRS TO PROVIDE PROSPECTIVE PENALTY RELIEF
- COCONUT CRACKS OPEN SMART BUSINESS CURRENT ACCOUNT FOR FREELANCERS AND SELF-EMPLOYED PEOPLE TO PREVENT FUTURE JAN 31ST SELF-ASSESSMENT DEADLINE HEADACHES
- SELF-ASSESSMENT DEADLINE 2018: BITCOIN INVESTORS BEWARE
- MITON’S HUGH GRIEVES: WHAT WILL US TAX REFORM REALLY MEAN?
- Self Assessment Deadline:Ignorance Could Land Sharing Economy Users In Hot Water With The Taxman
- OPEN PARTNERSHIP REQUIRED TO DIGITISE GOVERNMENT SERVICES
- WHAT KIND OF A RETIREMENT CAN SANTA EXPECT?
- NEW YEAR, NEW START – BUILD FINANCES INTO YOUR FUTURE
- TAX ME NOW; PAY ME LATER?
- SELF ASSESSMENT PAPER DEADLINE: IGNORANCE COULD LAND SHARING ECONOMY USERS IN HOT WATER WITH THE TAXMAN
- AVALARA SUCCESSFULLY AUTOMATES GSTR 1 FILING FOR INDIAN BUSINESSES
- SAS® HELPS ORGANISATIONS OPTIMISE PROCUREMENT INTEGRITY AND PREVENT LOSSES
- AICPA ENCOURAGES SENATE FINANCE COMMITTEE TO TAKE “HOLISTIC” APPROACH TO BUSINESS TAX REFORM
- SOMEONE CALLING YOU ABOUT YOUR IRS TAX DEBT MAY BE REAL NOW!
- DELOITTE: NEARLY 60% OF GCC BUSINESSES FEEL VERY WELL INFORMED ABOUT THE INTRODUCTION OF VAT IN JANUARY 2018
- DELOITTE LAUNCHES BUSINESS GUIDE FOR IRAQ
- THE CRIMINAL FINANCES ACT 2017 – WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?
- DIVERGING PATHWAYS
- 10 COMMON VAT MYTHS – DISPELLED
- WHAT GOVERNMENTS CAN DO TO PREVENT THE GROWING TREND OF ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER FRAUD?
- TAX REFORM AND IRS MODERNIZATION TOP LIST OF ISSUES AS CPA ADVOCATES JOURNEY TO CAPITOL HILL
- GONE PHISHIN’
- THE 2017 TAX FILING SEASON: INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE OPERATIONS AND THE TAXPAYER EXPERIENCE
- PERSONAL SAVINGS ALLOWANCE HAS ONLY PROMPTED ONE IN SIX TO SAVE
- TOP 5 TAX ISSUES BUSINESS OWNERS NEED TO BE AWARE OF FOR THE NEW FINANCIAL YEAR
- PERSONAL SAVINGS ALLOWANCE HAS PROMPTED JUST ONE IN SIX TO SAVE
- TUNGSTEN NETWORK BRINGS COMPLIANT DIGITAL INVOICING TO INDIA
- NEW LAW PROVISION HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR THE PAYMENT OF TAX ARREARS
- WHAT WILL THE PAYMENTS AND E-MONEY LANDSCAPE LOOK LIKE IF THE UK LOSES ITS RIGHT TO PASSPORT?
- REMEMBER THESE TIPS WHEN FILING YOUR 2016 TAX RETURN, AICPA TAX VICE PRESIDENT SAYS
- Q&A WITH BRENDAN WOODS, FOUNDER AND CEO OF OCREX
- REPEAL OF DODD-FRANK, WHAT IS AT STAKE?
- FUNERAL PLAN PROVIDERS ‘NEED TO BE REGISTERED’
- US LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MIDDLE-EASTERN BANKS: WHAT LIES AHEAD IN THE POST-TRUMP ELECTION WORLD
- CITY OF NEW YORK SELECTS IVALUA AND KPMG FOR PROCUREMENT INNOVATION INITIATIVE ACROSS ALL CITY AGENCIES
- RAPID7 EARNS SPOT ON UK GOVERNMENT DIGITAL MARKETPLACE
- UK’S 40 BILLION EURO BILL COULD BE EU’S FIRST BREXIT HURDLE
- WHY ACTION MUST BE TAKEN AGAINST CORPORATE TAX HAVENS
- SHOOTING THE MESSENGER: HMRC’S LATEST PENALTY REGIME FOR ‘ENABLERS’ OF AVOIDANCE
- CYPRUS IMMOVABLE PROPERTY TAX TO BE SLICED BY UP TO 75% IN 2016
- PROBLEMS ON HORIZON FOR MAKING TAX DIGITAL AS BREXIT COULD PLAY HAVOC WITH PENALTY FRAMEWORK AND VAT RULES
- 5.5BN: THE COST OF PEOPLE USING THEIR OWN CARS FOR WORK
- OFFSHORE INVESTORS MUST BE READY FOR COMMON REPORTING STANDARDS
- CIVILISEDBANK’ SUBMITS BANKING LICENCE APPLICATION
- PRESSURE POINTS: MANAGING CASHFLOW AFTER PAYING A TAX RETURN
- BEPS – BE PREPARED
- ARE BUY-TO-LET LANDLORDS THE BIGGEST VICTIMS OF BUDGET 2016?
- UK’S FAILING SMES FALL INTO £1 BILLION FUNDING GAP, DESPITE £126 BILLION IN UNTAPPED PRIVATE INVESTOR FINANCE. INVESTOR CONFIDENCE IN PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENT IS HIGH, WITH 63% INTENDING TO INVEST IN SMES IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS AND OVER HALF OF UK INVESTORS LOOKING TO EIS FOR 2016
- DELOITTE PRESENTS IN AMCHAM’S US INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX SEMINAR
- VOICE BIOMETRICS IN GOVERNMENT
- APPROX 900,000 HIGHER RATE TAXPAYERS MISSING OUT ON £225 MILLION A YEAR IN TAX RELIEF ON PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS
- DELOITTE: TAX REFORM IN THE GCC APPROACHING
- VAT’S FUTURE
- OMIDYAR NETWORK LEADS INVESTMENT IN TECHNOLOGY THAT ENABLES CENTRAL BANKS TO ISSUE DIGITAL FIAT CURRENCY
- NEW FIGURES HIGHLIGHT WHY FATCA IS A MASTERCLASS IN FISCAL IMPERIALISM AND UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
- ARE BANKS BEING LET OFF THE HOOK?
- FINANCIAL SERVICES REFORM: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- REFORM OF THE NON-DOM RULES
- PUBLIC SECTOR TO GAIN AS BASWARE ACQUIRES PROCSERVE
- TAXPAYER DATA LEAKAGE AND FRAUD ON THE RISE
- AEROS AERONAUTICAL SYSTEMS FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST US NAVY FOR $65 MILLION IN DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF INNOVATIVE AIRSHIP CAUSED BY COLLAPSE OF HANGAR ROOF
- START YOUR YEAR RIGHT: SMALL BUSINESS SELF-ASSESSMENT TIPS
- ANTI-AVOIDANCE AMENDMENTS TO EU PARENT-SUBSIDIARY DIRECTIVE
- THE EFFECT OF THE STRESS TESTS FOR THE CYPRUS BANKING SECTOR
- INTERNATIONAL APPROACH TO COMBAT TAX AVOIDANCE BY MULTINATIONALS
- RING-FENCING: VITAL UK BANKING REFORM OR A POLITICAL FOLLY?
- ADMIN. DIALS BACK GOAL FOR HEALTH LAW SIGN-UPS
- CANADA REVENUE AGENCY SELECTS INTELLINX ENTERPRISE FRAUD MANAGEMENT TO PROTECT TAXPAYER DATA
- IT’S TIME TO MODERNISE THE STUDENT LOANS PAYMENT SYSTEM
- BEPS PLANS AIM TO TILT BALANCE OF POWER FURTHER TOWARDS TAX AUTHORITIES BUT PROGRESS IS MOVING AT GLACIAL SPEED
- OECD INVITES THE PUBLIC’S INPUT ON BEPS ACTION 11
- WAKEFIELD COUNCIL APPOINTS ALLPAY FOR ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS CONTRACT
- UK GOVERNMENT CTO LIAM MAXWELL AND MICROSOFT’S ADRIENNE HALL JOIN IP EXPO EUROPE’S OUTSTANDING SPEAKER LINE-UP
- THE FOUR KEYS TO LONGEVITY
- COMMENTING ON BANK OF ENGLAND PLANS TO TIGHTEN REGULATION OF BANKERS’ PAY, PROFESSOR ANDRE SPICER OF CASS BUSINESS SCHOOL SAID:
- CYPRUS TAX AUTHORITY GAINS EXTENSIVE POWERS
- CYPRUS COMMITS TO REAL ESTATE TAXATION REFORM
- UK GREEN INVESTMENT BANK ANNOUNCES 2013-14 RESULTS AND PLANS TO RAISE A NEW £1 BILLION FUND
- INDIA INTRODUCES WITHHOLDING TAX ON CYPRUS TRANSACTIONS
- THE TRANSFER PRICING MELTING POT
- OVERSEAS PENSIONS STOP AMERICAN EXPATS GIVING UP PASSPORTS IN RUN-UP TO FATCA ERA
- TAX DISPUTES – WHAT’S THE ALTERNATIVE?
- REFLECTIONS ON LLP TAX CHANGES
- TAX CONSCIOUSNESS AND TRUST IN INTERNATIONAL TAX PLANNING: THE SUBSTANCE OF THE MATTER
- INVESTORS SET TO PROFIT STRONGLY FROM IPOS AS NEW LISTINGS MARKET HEATS UP
- BUDGET COULD TRIGGER A SURGE IN NUMBERS OF WORKING-AGE BRITISH EXPATS
- BANKING STANDARDS REVIEW: REFORM AND REDEMPTION?
- CANADA-U.S. FATCA INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT
- NEARLY ONE-THIRD OF U.S. EXPATS CONFUSED BY U.S. TAX FILING REQUIREMENTS
- SAS UK & IRELAND PUTS THE POWER TO KNOW INTO BIG DATA
- LEADING THE WAY FOR THE COLLECTION OF RIGHTFULLY OWED CONSUMER DEBT
- LIECHTENSTEIN SIGNS OECD TAX CONVENTION
- BANK SELL-OFFS AND SPIN-OFFS – WHO’S THINKING ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS’ INTERESTS?
- FISERV UNVEILS FATCA MONITORING AND CONTROL SOLUTION ON ITS FINANCIAL CRIME RISK MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
- ATTACKS ON WEALTH AND THE OFFSHORE JURISDICTIONS
- Stephen Hester – Was ejecting him smart?
- The continuing rise of the ISA: why tax-free saving is essential
- FATCA and IGA compliance – Smartly use AML smarts
- Budget 2013 – Osborne’s Much Needed Boost for UK Business
- Making the most of the 50% tax allowance (before it decreases to 45%)
- FATCA – The Devil is in the Data
- Not enough discussion has taken place about how banks should ring-fence different parts of their operation
- Tax Information Sharing, the rise of “FATCA-esque” agreements
- A ‘Third Way’ for CSR
- MAKE MONEY THROUGH SUCCESSFUL INVESTMENT AND ONLINE.
- Zaim Hajdari, President of The Hajdari Group, Advises on “Fiscal Cliff” Implications
- Tackling overseas tax evasion – US style
- The Importance of Being Earnest: HMRC and the PR game
- Businesses are committed to auto-enrolment to prevent a future pension crisis John Cridland, CBI Director-General
- Shrinking Bank Balance Sheets as Five Year anniversary approaches
- Employers to Pay for PAYE reform
- Tackling abusive tax avoidance
- European Investment Bank – the EU’s Northern Rock
- Miles Dean, Founder of Milestone International Tax Partners
- European Recovery and Resolution Plan
- How to unlock sustainable growth in the UK
- FATCA – few days to go
- To make the right business decisions, firms need to have the right data
- A GAAR Is Born
- Behind the silver lining of the ICB Vickers Report
- Living Wills – SIFIs and Resolution after the Cannes Summit
- European democracies and decision-making in times of crisis
- Intervention at Sveriges Riksbank Conference: Monetary Policy in an Era of Fiscal Stress
- Macro and Microprudential supervision
- Seeing Both the Forest and the Trees- Supervising Systemic Risk
- The Changing Face of Risk in the Global Financial System
- The challenges of the European financial sector
- The Management of the Banking Sector and the Economy
- Interview with Jean-Claude Trichet, President of the European Central Bank
- World Bank Approves New Financing for Priority Reforms in Indonesia
The UnRefundables: Shoppers left out of pocket post-pandemic
One in ten shoppers (11%) left out of pocket or without refunds since pandemic One in three shoppers (36%) actively...
How new trends are creating the perfect recipe for rapid digital transformation throughout the world’s oldest institutions
By Wayne Johnson, CEO, Encompass Digital banking has drastically changed the landscape of financial transactions over the last few years....
Standard Chartered Bank partners with Microsoft to become a cloud-first bank
Standard Chartered Bank and Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday announced a three-year strategic partnership to accelerate the bank’s digital transformation through a cloud-first strategy....
Younger generations drive UK alternative payment method adoption for online transactions
42% of Millennials and 35% of Generation Z feel confident using alternative payment methods, or have used them previously 81%...
New Moneypenny Survey Shows How Office Life has Transformed in Post-lockdown Return to Work
A new survey by leading outsourced communications provider, Moneypenny, into the return to work post-Covid lockdown, shows that almost half...
What does the future hold for accessing earnings? Introducing the world’s first Earnings on Demand payment and debit card
By James Herbert, CEO & founder, Hastee Let’s begin by looking at how our brains are wired. Think about the hunter-gatherer mindset: when...
Risk Mitigation & The US Election
We need to talk about the election. For the past four months, news cycles have been dominated by the COVID-19...
Honest services wire fraud and the need for caution on multilateral development bank projects
By Joshua Ray, Legal Director, Rahman Ravelli www.rahmanravelli.co.uk A recent court case extended US prosecutors’ extraterritorial reach for tackling corruption....
Teaching children about wealth management and why there has never been a better time
By Annabel Bosman is Managing Director and Head of Relationship Management at RBC Wealth Management As we approach the end...
Do your contracts and policies stand up to the Covid-19 test? A view from the UK
By Amy Cooper of Ius Laboris UK firm Lewis Silkin The coronavirus pandemic and lockdown have stress-tested employment contracts and policies,...