OutSystems, the enterprise Rapid Application Delivery (RAD) platform provider, has been positioned as a Leader in The Forrester WaveTM: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q4 2014. Forrester Research, Inc. believes that public cloud platforms are evolving, blurring the lines between Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) in order to satisfy the needs of enterprises and widen their appeal to developers.
The Forrester Wave
The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms is a premier, in-depth research report into the public cloud platform market that features a 19 criteria evaluation aimed at helping CIOs and their organisations see where solutions stand against each other and aiding them in selecting the right partner for their needs. OutSystems received maximum scores in 7 of the categories for rapid developers, which evaluated current offering, strategy and market presence in categories such as:
- Breadth of platform and application services – such as workflow, collaboration, business rules, caching, and content management
- Infrastructure abstraction features – including how well middleware, compute, storage, and network configuration chores are hidden and managed
- Application deployment services – including automation of build process, defect detection, code verification, and code promotion, etc.
- Development and testing tools – how complete the development, testing, and app lifecycle facilities are
- Private and hybrid cloud options – how extensive are additional hosting options beyond public cloud
- Breadth of storage options – such as database, block, file, and object
- Product strategy – including how credible a strategy the vendor has for providing a public cloud platform to large enterprises
The Forrester Wave noted that “OutSystems includes extensive visual, declarative development and delivery tools, prebuilt applications and application components, support for both web and mobile application creation, and rich continuous delivery and application life-cycle management tools.” They further noted that “OutSystems was among companies that earned high scores for abstracting away both infrastructure and platform configurations and for application services and tooling.
OutSystems Platform enables any developer to easily and rapidly create and deploy apps across mobile and web, from a single application design and code base. OutSystems applications are delivered as open, standard-architecture code and insulate enterprises from future technology changes and vendor lock-in.
“We are extremely pleased that Forrester has recognised OutSystems as a leader in enterprise public cloud platforms for rapid developers. The strength of our technology is driving worldwide market adoption of our platform,” said Paulo Rosado, CEO of OutSystems. “Our rapidly growing customer base is proof that organisations want the ability to abstract away infrastructure, configurations, and more, to allow developers to focus on the business needs of applications, and deliver and manage them faster than ever before.”