Everyone would like to be in a state of fat city when it comes to their safety and security. No one wants their safety and security to be compromised in any way. People get away doing some of the heinous crimes and committing foul play under one’s nose and many times police cannot do anything much. It is so because there is a lack of sound safety and security systems.
To address the alarming rate of burglary, theft, robbery cases, a large variety of home surveillance systems comes as salvation.
They act as a crutch, hold down crime rates, and are most recommended when it comes to service, pricing, and some more inbuilt security features. Multi-faceted systems with Infrared detectors, window sensors, automatic sirens, recording features, and connectivity with Google and Alexa have helped you to pull through. They substantiate for the crime to a larger extent and are a crux for solving the first-degree murders. These products have undergone ballistic testing to meet customer expectations. One such system is Kangaroo that puts home security within your reach.
In this article, we will consider the following topics:
- Nuts and Bolts of Kangaroo
- Benefits of using Kangaroo
- Considerations while Buying a Home Security System
- Professionally Installed vis-à-vis DIY Home Security System
- Basic Home Security to Rein-In Crime Rates
- Home Security Statistics
Let’s dive in to see the nuts and bolts of Kangaroo.
Nuts and Bolts of Kangaroo
Kangaroo keeps your home safe and provides ultimate protection to your data. All the products are sophisticated, easy to set-up, and use. In short, they give due respect to your money. Kangaroo is one state of the art and second to none system that is affordable and provides video surveillance as well as remote management by mobile app for convenient control.
Some of the Kangaroo products are Doorbell Camera, Free Privacy Camera, Free Home Security Kit, Motion Sensor, Water Climate Sensor, Motion+ Entry Sensor, Front Door Security Kit, etc.
Some of the basic Accessories that come handy with products are Roo Tags, Siren + Keypad, etc.
Safest security camera for your home. This comes up with features like 3x zoom and night vision. PDLC Privacy Shield Lens makes you monitor your home from anywhere. With one tap in the app, the lens gets transformed into an opaque shield providing visual verification and your privacy is protected.
Key Features of Privacy Camera:
- Privacy Shield-Protecting your privacy with an unhackable shield.
- 2-way Talk-Listen or talk back and forth from a mobile phone.
- Motion Alerts-Video clips are sent whenever motion is detected.
- Live -stream in HD-Premium 1080p clarity with 3x digital zoom.
Home Security Kit
Install Kangaroo Security App that keeps your home safe from disasters or break-ins.
Key Features of Home Security Kit
- Smoke/CO Alarm listener that sends an alert to your phone.
- Roo Tags and Keypad Code that allow for physically arming and disarming.
- Emergency button for urgent help needed situations.
- Backlit Keypad designed for sleekness and ease of use.
Wireless motion sensor detects any household disturbances and alerts everyone on phone or contacts emergency services.
Water + Climate Sensor
It can be used in basements, high-humidity areas or can be placed under a sink. It detects water, changes in temperature and humidity, and thereby sending an alarm to your phone.
Front Door Security Kit
This includes Doorbell Camera, two Motion + Entry Sensors, Siren + Keypad.
It helps you switch between Arm and Disarm with a single tap of the Siren. It is ideal for guests, tenants, children, etc. for whom you want to provide limited access.
Siren + Keypad
It uses microphones and can be used with sensors to provide an audible household alarm when it is triggered. It works with frequencies between 3000-4000 Hz. Any sound below this range cannot be picked up.
Benefits of Using Kangaroo
- Simple– With Wi-Fi and a smartphone at your disposal, you can get started with Kangaroo.
- Reduce the risk of crime
- Remote view i.e. keeps an eye even if you are not at home
- Deterrent when it comes to committing a crime
- Ensure 100% safety- Day in and Day Out security. They not only safeguard your homes but also ensure that data is secure and privacy is not breached. Privacy Cameras provide an additional layer of security that pulls the plug from seeing or listening in. They bind the device to a specific household so that outsiders cannot pry without you knowing.
- Provides absolute peace of mind
- Nominal Price for Affordability-You need not pay through your nose for additional components or features. You may also be eligible for the maximum insurance premium discount.
- Nice Packaging and Easy to set-up- App guides in a step by step manner as to how to use Kangaroo. No tools and technical knowledge needed. Hence, approachable for not so tech-savvy audience.
- Quick delivery
- 1-year free 24/7 monitoring
- 24/7 Helpline -24/7 GuRoo assists you anytime and anywhere.
Considerations while Buying a Home Security System
- Ultimate Protection: This depends on the extent of crime in your area.
- Budget: Cost may vary virtually to the type of monitoring plan you choose. It also depends on how many sensors and other gadgets you install.
- DIY or professional installation: Indeed, DIY System saves a lot of money as compared to a professionally installed system.
- In-home consultation: For professionally installed systems, scheduling a representative from the security company to make a visit to your home for a consultation.
However, Kangaroo ticks off the list plus additionally it provides some other bells and whistles that are as below:
- Add an unlimited number of devices
- Add an unlimited number of Users
- App Notifications
- 1 Tap Arming and Disarming
- Text and Voice Call Notifications
- 24/7 Pro Monitoring
- Alexa and Google Assistant Integration
- Insurance Discount
- Kangaroo Special Coverage
- Two-Way Audio
- End-to-end Motion Capture
- 30 days of Unlimited Cloud Storage (for 5 Cameras)
Professionally Installed vis-à-vis DIY Home Security System
With a professionally installed security system, someone from the company will expound you about all the available plans, type, and quantity of equipment that is right up to your alley. They may skew the equipment package if required. This will save hours and days of straining when it comes to the size of your home, the complexity of the systems, and your technical abilities. However, it can also result in paying a lot of money for a long-term contract costing 100$ or more (cost an arm and a leg).
While installing a DIY System like Kangaroo, it requires an activation fee and disposal of long-term contracts. It requires you to study and vetting of a device to install it properly and for its seamless operation. They have a step by step instructions laid out and phone support to make your job cushy.
DIY Equipment has been in use in recent years but they are too complex when it comes to fulfilling your security requirements. For a small condo with a few doors and windows, DIY can be fine. However, for more specialized needs, a professional company is to be bank upon.
Basic Home Security to Limit Crime
Concerning the increasing rate of crimes, a robust home security system like Kangaroo comes to rescue as a barebone of protection. Any system, in general, in today’s time, should entail at the bare minimum:
- Indoor and Outdoor security cameras.
- Exterior lights accompanied by motion sensors.
- Sensors on all doors and windows.
- A high-decibel siren to ward off intruders.
- Motion detectors.
- Ability to remotely monitor your systems using your smartphones.
- Cellular backup if Wi-Fi goes down or power goes off.
Home Security Statistics
74% of survey respondents said that the home security system makes them feel safe.
A video doorbell is another most popular security product (18%) with a professionally monitored home security system.
Home security product ownership is most popular amongst 18-34 years aged persons with 41% owning a security system.
As challenges have advanced, so have the solutions. People are in the lookout for those systems that are keeping pace with the latest technology to meet growing needs.
In general, if you have to rate any home security as the best that will entirely depend on your needs and living situations.