The global Chlor-Alkali market is forecast to reach USD 137.99 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Chlor-alkali is a scientific process in which chlorine, caustic soda, soda ash, and their derivatives are manufactured. An increase in demand for caustic soda is due to the wide applications in food processing and pulp and paper industry.
It is a non-flammable and odorless white solid which is available commercially in the form of pellets, flakes, granules, and aqueous solutions of different concentrations. Owing to its highly corrosive nature, it can generate substantial heat and ignite combustible materials when dissolved in water. The product is used in petroleum products refining, organic synthesis processes, and textile industry in the production of bleaching fabrics and in viscose silk, in soap making, paper, and aniline industry, production of soluble glass, aluminum and sodium metal, alkaline accumulators.
North America is expected to grow with a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. High demand from textile as well as soap and detergent applications is anticipated to propel the regional market demand. High-temperature fluctuations in North American countries led to disruption in production volumes, reduced operating rates of few plants, and longer formulation time. This post as a challenge to the market growth.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2853
Key participants include:
Dow Chemicals, AkzoNobel NV, Solvay Chemicals, Tata Chemicals Limited, Formosa Plastic Corporation, Tronox, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Nirma Limited, Tosoh Corporation, and Occidental Petroleum Corporation, among others.
Further key findings from the report suggest,
- Caustic soda is a substance used as an ingredient or in the production of dozens of household products such as detergents, body soap, and drain cleaners. In conditions where a corrosive substance is required, like for a drain blockage, caustic soda helps to dissolve the organic materials but will leave the polyvinyl chloride pipes intact. It is also used in the production of ice cream, soft drinks, and food dye.
- The membrane cell process has intrinsic ecological advantages over the two older methods, as it does not use mercury or asbestos. It is the most energy-efficient process and is incredibly safe to operate, and it produces a consistently high quality of caustic soda.
- An increase in the construction and automotive industry is driving the demand for glass, which is propelling the market for soda ash. Factors such as energy-intensive production processes and stringent regulations are expected to hamper the growth of the chlor-alkali market.
- China’s pulp and paper industry is modern and highly mechanized, and the labor is significantly cheap. Owing to the government afforestation initiatives, forest cover is increasing in the region. With a thriving pulp and paper industry, along with a growing demand from other end users, the consumption of caustic soda is expected to rise in China in the coming years.
- Protective equipment deployed in military, defense, and law enforcement areas utilize chlorine for their manufacturing purpose. For instance, defense equipment like night vision goggles, cockpit canopies, rocket propellants, carbon-reinforced polymers, and bullet resistant glass all are manufactured using as one of the components in the production process.
Request for Custom Research @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2853
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Chlor-Alkali market on the basis of product type, process systems, applications, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Caustic Soda
- Soda Ash
Process Systems Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Membrane Cell
- Diaphragm Cell
- Mercury Cell
Applications Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Organic Chemicals
- Food Processing
- Paper and Pulp
- Isocyanates & Oxygenates
- Water Treatment
- Soaps and Detergents
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2853
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Materials and Chemicals Industry:
Triazine Market Size by Types (1,3,5-triazine, 1,2,3-triazine, 1,2,4-triazine), by Application (Medical Industry, Biological Energy Industry, Agriculture, Chemical Industry, Oil & Gas and Others), By Region, Competitive Strategies and Segment Forecasts, 2016 -2026
Cable Ties Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type (Releasable Cable Tie, Non-Releasable Cable Tie, Push Mount Cable Tie, Beaded Cable Tie, Rising Hole Cable Tie, Identification Cable Tie, Heat Stabilized Cable Tie, And Others), By Material (Nylon, Metallic, Polypropylene, Tefzel, Stainless Steel, And Others), By Application (Electronic Communication, Electricals, Building And Construction Application, Automobile Application, Agriculture Application, Retails Goods, Packaging, And Others), And By Region Forecast To 2028
Bisphenol A (BPA) Market Size by Application (Epoxy resins, Polycarbonates Resins, Flame retardants, Polyacrylat, Polyetherimide, Polysulfone resins, Unsaturated polyester resins, and others), Share & Trends Analysis Report By Region, Competitive Strategies and Segment Forecasts to 2016-2026
Thermoformable Film Market By Material Type (Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (PE), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Polyamide (PA)), By Application Type (Rigid Thermoforming Films And Flexible Thermoforming Films), By End-User Industry (Food, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Electronic, Consumer Goods And Personal Care), And Region- Global Forecast To 2027
Dextran Market Size, Trends & Analysis, By Type (Dextran 20, Dextran 40, Dextran 60, Dextran 70, Others), By Application (Solutions for Injection And Infusion, Dextran Derivatives, Others), And By Region, Forecast To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-chlor-alkali-market