- Over 50% increase in daily active users of database management tools in the past three months
- Toad DevOps Toolkit sees explosive adoption
- Increasing popularity of open source databases fosters Toad Edge growth
- Popular Toad World community surpasses the 675,000-member milestone
Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced significant momentum within its database management business. The business is laser-focused on providing database administrators (DBAs), developers and IT teams with the database management, replication and performance monitoring solutions required to streamline DevOps processes and support modern database environments. In the past three months alone, the business has seen a 51% increase in daily active users of its database management tools, based on telemetry data.
Dedicated to Eliminating Database DevOps Bottlenecks
In order to stay competitive, businesses need to move faster than ever. With more organizations adopting DevOps strategies and workflows to accelerate application developments, database professionals are now tasked with solving the database challenges to support the DevOps movement. With a strong history in delivering tools that help DBAs manage an ever-changing database ecosystem, Quest released a new solution helping customers tackle this challenge and accelerate their pace of change. In November 2017, the Quest Toad DevOps Toolkit was introduced to market to help break down common barriers associated with bringing Oracle database operations and updates into DevOps workflows.
The Toad DevOps Toolkit has seen impressive initial adoption rates among Quest customers. Key features and functionalities, including PSL/SQL unit testing, static code reviews, database, schema and data compare, and script execution, help developers and DBAs maintain performance, quality and reliability while bringing Oracle database functions into the continuous integration and deployment pipeline. The toolkit also features easy integration with DevOps automation tools, including Jenkins, Bamboo and many more.
An Eye on Open Source
To support the surge in open source database management systems (OSDBMSs) deployments and the need for management tools to support these environments, Quest recently unveiled Toad Edge for MySQL and MariaDB. A lightweight, commercial grade toolset, Toad Edge reduces the learning curve of OSDBMS by helping developers simplify and automate tasks, while extracting more value from their database investments. Thousands of customers have already leveraged the toolset across Windows and Mac operating systems.
In addition, Quest reinforced its commitment to the Foglight for Databases product line with performance monitoring capability enhances for MySQL and PostgreSQL environments. Today, Foglight supports MySQL and PostgreSQL both on premises and also in various cloud deployments, including Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Microsoft Azure DBaaS offerings, and also in any IaaS-based deployment. This year Quest will deliver new performance diagnostics capabilities for MySQL and PostgreSQL such as advisories, new overview dashboard, and more.
Powering Advanced Management and Data Analysis Across Hybrid Environments
A recent Quest survey revealed that businesses anticipate having to manage increasingly heterogeneous, hybrid database environments to power core business applications. Across its entire Information Management portfolio, Quest has taken great strides to deliver solutions that help DBAs, developers and data analysts manage their environments regardless of platform or source. Highlights include:
- SharePlex v9.1: The latest version of our award-winning replication and real-time data integration solution adds platform coverage on both the source and target sides. The solution now supports Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server replication to target databases in the cloud and on-premises. New cloud target databases include Microsoft Azure, AWS and AuroraDB. SharePlex v9.1 allows organizations utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) fast, reliable database replication to and from the cloud – with zero downtime and no data loss. SharePlex for Oracle on AWS, a feature in v9.1, facilitates the journey to the cloud with no impact to mission-critical operations. Additionally, SharePlex for Oracle on AWS is now available on the Amazon Marketplace.
- Toad Data Point and Toad Central Intelligence v4.3: Together, these solutions give data analysts the self-service data preparation, provisioning, analysis, collaboration and reporting capabilities they need to glean actionable insights from all of their data platforms and sources – relational, non-relational, on-premises and in the cloud.
- Enhanced Microsoft SQL Server Support: Quest announced several product enhancements to help DBAs manage, optimize and monitor SQL Server environments, including Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise for performance monitoring of SQL Server on Linux; Spotlight Extensions for Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to support DevOps workflows; and a new release of Toad for SQL Server with support for SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015 Version Control.
“Today’s IT teams face mounting pressure from the business to manage more applications, more database platforms, and more data sources, all while delivering the highest level of performance,” said Kathleen Owens, President and GM, Quest Information Management. “Quest is committed to arming database administrators, developers and IT teams with the database management, replication and performance requirements to address organizational demands and support future growth.”
Quest was recently listed among G2 Crowd’s coveted 100 Best Software Companies 2018 and Top 50 Enterprise Companies listing. The listings are based on an analysis of customer reviews. According to Tim Handorf, co-founder and CEO of G2 Crowd, “We built G2 Crowd to empower users with the ability to transparently help one another find the software solutions that best fit their needs. This list recognizes the voice of those users and they are telling us that these companies have designed great products that are meeting the needs of their customers.”
Toad most recently had over 120 product reviews on G2 Crowd, with an overall 4.4 out 5 ranking. This is a true testament to the value Toad brings in addressing challenges for database professionals.
Three Quest database management solutions received Database Trends and Applications (DBTA) 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards, including: Toad for Oracle Development Edition for Best Database DevelopmentSolution, Toad Data Point for Best Data Quality Solution, and SharePlex for Best Data Capture Solution. Six Quest database management solutions were named finalists in other product categories. Additionally, the company was named a finalist in six other product categories. Winners and finalists were selected based on DBTA readership voting.
Continued Dedication to Toad Community
The popular Toad World community — a user community forum designed to provide DBAs and developers with resources, tools and best practices for managing any database platform — has surpassed the 675,000 member mark. Between March 1, 2017 and March 1, 2018, Toad World had 4 million unique visitors. These visitors came from 235 countries. Also, during this time, Toad World had 120,000 downloads of freeware product. Just this week, a brand new design for ToadWorld was launched to make it even easier for database professionals to participate in the community and find the information they need to be successful.
Global Banking & Finance Review
Why waste money on news and opinions when you can access them for free?
Take advantage of our newsletter subscription and stay informed on the go!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Global Banking & Finance Review │ Banking │ Finance │ Technology. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Finance3 days ago
Kadena SpireKey Integrates with WebAuthn to Provide Seamless Web3 Interactions
Top Stories2 days ago
German homes are still overvalued despite price drop – Bundesbank
Banking3 days ago
Online banking security: How to protect your information
Top Stories2 days ago
Marketmind: China markets look like they need another holiday