Integrated performance monitoring and capacity planning improves service availability and optimises hybrid IT infrastructure
ASG Technologies, a trusted provider of proven solutions for information access, management and control for the world’s top enterprises, today announced ASG-TMON Performance Analyzer (TMON PA) 11.0 to help organisations better manage IT resource performance and costs while intelligently planning for the future. In addition to enhanced reporting and analysis for physical and virtual infrastructures, ASG-TMON PA simplifies SysPlex data collection by automating and summarising detailed performance data from TMON z/OS, CICS and DB2 monitors for reliable forecasting and capacity planning. As a result, executive and IT decision-makers have the insights needed to accurately track and optimise resource use, control costs, improve service availability and effectively predict and plan for future IT infrastructure resource needs.
Today, most enterprise IT professionals lack visibility into how IT resources are used. Disparate, silo-based tools create gaps in infrastructure coverage and data collection, resulting in a limited understanding of resource utilisation and difficulty collaborating and making informed decisions across teams. Consequently, organisations face unplanned, costly capital expenditures and/or overprovisioning and find it challenging to relate resource utilisation to business growth – ultimately impacting operational efficiency and financial performance.
ASG-TMON Performance Analyzer addresses these problems by using TMON performance monitors and other interfaces to collect and centrally store data from multiple technology platforms including Windows, Unix, Linux and z/Architecture environments. By integrating ASG’s renowned capacity planning and performance monitoring capabilities, ASG-TMON PA gives enterprises a single, consistent view of the data – enabling cross-team collaboration around IT resource management and capacity planning. This empowers companies to improve IT system and business application availability while controlling costs.
According to a recent Forrester Total Economic Impact Report™, ASG-TMON Performance Analyzer delivers significant cost savings and business benefits to enterprises. Forrester examined ASG-TMON PA customers to understand what a sample composite organisation could expect from the solution and found one could:
- Increase productivity by managing IT infrastructure with a much smaller team. Not only does this free up resources to focus on other tasks, but it also delivers an estimated three-year risk-adjusted present value (PV) of approximately £1.5 million.
- Optimize IT infrastructure for existing applications, resulting in an estimated three-year risk-adjusted PV of approx. £87,000.
- Save on storage costs. With more accurate predictions for SAN storage requirements, enterprises can save 10 terabytes of storage capacity per year – or three-year risk-adjusted PV of around £69,000.
- Avoid overprovisioning of new workloads.Organisations can more effectively right-size the corresponding infrastructure when new workloads are introduced resulting in an estimated three-year risk-adjusted PV of approximately £43,500.
- Improve its bottom line, experiencing a net present value (NPV) of around £1 million and a return on investment (ROI) of 179 percent in three years.
David Downing, EVP of Product Management and Product Marketing at ASG, said, “The ASG TMON brand is recognised by IT professionals for its highly integrated, easy-to-use solutions. By adding Performance Analyzer to the ASG-TMON suite, we are continuing that tradition by offering enterprises an extremely efficient way to secure a uniform view of their data from a variety of heterogeneous IT platforms. Enterprise clients will be able to use insights provided by Performance Analyzer to quickly and easily manage the performance and future needs of their IT resources and experience significant cost savings.”
To learn more about ASG-TMON Performance Analyzer, visit this page.