Low-cost Airline’s Business Operations Set to Take Off with NetSuite OneWorld
NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that Transavia Airlines, a leading low-cost carrier serving Europe, has selected NetSuite OneWorld to help execute its ambitious plans for growth. Transavia will replace a legacy AS 400-based system at its office in the Netherlands and an Infor system in France with NetSuite OneWorld. Transavia plans to use NetSuite to run its mission-critical business processes across Europe including financials, financial consolidation, multi-subsidiary management, procure-to-pay, reporting, and support for multi-language (English, Dutch and French), multi-currency and multi-country tax compliance.
“As a subsidiary of the Air France/KLM Group, serving more than 100 destinations in Europe and North Africa, Transavia has ambitious plans for growth throughout Europe, becoming one of the leading low cost airlines in Europe,” said Transavia CFO Dirk Neelis. “Having Netsuite OneWorld as our financial and procurement backbone enables us to easily scale up with that planned growth, where our previous cumbersome manual and Excel-based processes that were time intensive and prone to errors will become history. NetSuite OneWorld offers a modern, global-ready system that helps us to achieve the goals of Transavia Netherlands and Transavia France, by fully aligning and further simplifying our business processes.”
Why NetSuite OneWorld?
After a comprehensive evaluation of multiple ERP systems, Transavia selected NetSuite OneWorld because it offers the following:
- A single cloud solution with a broad range of capabilities needed to run complex and mission-critical business processes across its head offices in Holland and France and its subsidiaries, as the airline expands into new markets in Europe.
- Real-time global financial consolidation with real-time visibility across all of Transavia’s operations with one single unified financial system of record and consolidated financial reporting across the entire enterprise, while also offering multibook accounting capabilities.
- NetSuite’s cloud infrastructure aligns with Transavia’s goals of reducing costs and increasing efficiency by removing the need to support and maintain on-premise software while presenting a greater opportunity to make use of shared services such as outsourced accounting.
- The agility, scalability and flexibility needed to help enter new markets, expand operations and grow revenue.
- A powerful development platform that offers robust integration capabilities to tie NetSuite OneWorld’s financial system to Transavia’s reservation system and Airpas, an airline-specific cost management solution.
NetSuite GSI Partner Capgemini to Deliver Implementation
Transavia selected Capgemini, a NetSuite GSI partner, to do the implementation and integration work, based on its experience and reputation in the industry and its NetSuite capabilities.
“Transavia’s overhaul of its global finance system, combined with its ambitious plans for growth and its focus on reducing inefficiencies, are a great fit for the combined capabilities of NetSuite and Capgemini,” said Mark Grimberg, Deputy CEO at Capgemini Netherlands. “Our clients are increasingly leveraging the cloud for ERP and other mission-critical applications, with our Global Partners like NetSuite. We look forward to helping Transavia and other companies capitalise on the benefits of cloud ERP working with Capgemini as a partner.”
NetSuite OneWorld, winner of the 2015 Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award for Best Financial Management Solution and the 2015 UK Cloud award for ERP Product of the Year, provides a unified and cloud-based suite of software that is flexible enough to meet the needs of diverse business models, legal structures and geographies. Customers like Misys based in the UK, HP Software and American Express Global Business Travel in the US, and Scoot, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines in Singapore, are turning to NetSuite OneWorld for advanced capabilities to manage their complex business processes across subsidiaries, countries and continents. NetSuite OneWorld supports 190 currencies, 20 languages and automated tax compliance in more than 100 countries, and transaction in more than 200 countries.
Today, more than 30,000 companies and subsidiaries depend on NetSuite to run complex, mission-critical business processes globally in the cloud. Since its inception in 1998, NetSuite has established itself as the leading provider of cloud-based financials/enterprise resource planning (ERP) and omnichannel commerce software applications for businesses of all sizes. Many FORTUNE 100 companies rely on NetSuite to accelerate innovation and business transformation. NetSuite continues its success in delivering the best cloud business management software to businesses around the world, enabling them to lower IT costs significantly while increasing productivity, as the global adoption of the cloud accelerates.