JobBuzz Workplace Index July 2018 reports that employees have ranked Automobiles, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Consumer Durables and FMCG as the top five sectors to work in India.
At a time when the Indian automobiles industry is bullish and gearing up for an electric future, there’s more good news flowing in for the sector. Employees working in this sector vouch for the work culture prevalent in their respective organisations.
JobBuzz Workplace Index – a monthly ranking of sectors based on employee reviews – has revealed that the Automobiles sector provides the best work culture as compared to other sectors in India.
Based on employee reviews collected in July 2018, professionals in this sector are most comfortable with important workplace parameters including work-life balance and career growth.
The JobBuzz Workplace Index July 2018 report notes that employees have ranked Automobiles, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Consumer Durables and FMCG as the top five sectors to work for in India. It is an indication that employees working in these sectors are happy with the work culture, salary, benefits and other things vis-à-vis the other sectors. Every month, JobBuzz Workplace Index provides such an assessment to indicate the overall employee sentiment of Indian workforce.
Highlights of JobBuzz Workplace Index July 2018:
- Automobiles sector topped the charts with overall rating of 73%. It was also top rated in work-life balance, work culture and career growth parameters
- Automobiles sector toppled Hospitality to become the best-rated sector in July 2018
- Manufacturing industry with 72% rating was second on the index. It was rated as the top-notch salary provider by employees on JobBuzz
- Infrastructure sector retained its third spot (from June 2018) in the July 2018 index, improving its score from 70% (June 2018) to 72% (July 2018)
- Hospitality industry, which was on top in June 2018, slipped to the eighth position in July 2018
The Automobiles industry is witnessing a steady growth and is awaiting the formulation of India’s first National Auto Policy. The upcoming debut of Kia Motors and the launch of several super-premium automobile models in India is keeping the sector busy. As industry watchers and academicians are debating the move towards electric vehicles, the employers are clearly focussed on employees along with business growth.
“The Automobiles industry has topped the JobBuzz Workplace July 2018 index and has also been ranked on the top for work-life balance, work culture and career growth aspects this month – this is a huge feat. It shows that the employers here are putting significant efforts to keep employees engaged,” said Sanjay Goyal, Product and Technology Head, TimesJobs and JobBuzz.