- Dell Latitude E7270 mobile thin client is the world’s most powerful mobile thin client, designed for processing-intensive applications
- Dell Latitude 3460 mobile thin client combines security and portability for an enterprise-class mobile experience
- New mobile thin clients available with Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense to protect against advanced persistent threats and malware
Dell today announced a new, redesigned mobile thin client portfolio for those who need to be on the move, but also require critical intellectual property (IP) and data to be protected – even against zero-day, advanced persistent threats. Ideal for a range of industries including finance, healthcare, government, manufacturing, and energy and exploration industries, the new thin clients enable organisations to empower their mobile workforce to securely access cloud applications and data remotely, while ensuring the security, manageability and centralised control provided by a virtual desktop environment. The Dell Latitude E7270 and Latitude 3460 mobile thin clients integrate the expert manageability, performance and security of Wyse thin clients, based on 20 years of innovation in VDI, with the enterprise-class heritage of Dell’s award-winning Latitude portfolio to deliver a superior user experience.
Power and Portability
The two new mobile thin clients leverage the thoughtful design and user experience of the Latitude portfolio with a durable, enterprise-class chassis designed to meet the demands of today’s mobile worker. Based on Windows Embedded Standard 7 64-bit for a familiar local Windows experience, the devices power the most demanding use cases from all-day computing to graphics-intensive applications. They are built with a robust feature set including Intel dual core processors with integrated graphics, 8GB RAM[i], 128GB SSD, and an extended battery life to enable full productivity in a variety of settings throughout the day. Both thin clients offer a wide range of connectivity options and ports including USB 3.0, HDMI, gigabit Ethernet, and WLAN and Bluetooth options.
- The Dell Latitude E7270 mobile thin client is designed for those who require superior computing power and ultimate portability with the centralised control and security inherent to thin clients. To best meet the exacting needs of power users, the E7270 is the most powerful mobile thin client available today[ii], starting at only 2.77 pounds[iii] with a 4-cell battery and with an Intel 6th Generation Core i5 processor. Users will enjoy all day productivity with a 12.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare display.
- The Latitude 3460 mobile thin client has been designed to address a broad range of typical use cases by giving employees an enterprise-class mobile experience, with the utmost security and manageability benefits of a virtual desktop environment. It offers high performance with an Intel Celeron 3215U processor and a 14-inch HD (1366 x 768) anti-glare display.
With the Latitude E7270 and 3460 mobile thin clients, organisations benefit the broadest portfolio of peripherals for mobile thin clients, including popular Dell docking stations, keyboard and mice options, and monitors for maximum productivity and workplace flexibility.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
End-to-End VDI Manageability, Security and Services
The Latitude E7270 and Latitude 3460 mobile thin clients support all VDI protocols, and can connect to all of the major brokers including Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware Horizon based on the organisation’s VDI strategy and needs. The thin clients are easy to deploy and manage with flexible configuration and management via Wyse Device Manager to deliver over-the-air configuration and policy management, or via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. IT managers can easily scale administration from just a few to tens of thousands of mobile thin clients as their business grows.
The thin clients can be protected against advanced persistent threats and malware with Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense, the advanced threat prevention solution that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to proactively prevent malware including ransomware and zero day threats on all Windows thin clients. This advanced new technology does not require daily signature file downloads, uses a fraction of CPU and memory, and is 99 percent effective in preventing even zero-day malware from executing[iv], making it ideal for highly regulated industries. Finally, organisations can protect their investment with Dell Services and Support for Wyse Thin Clients, a complete portfolio featuring Deployment Services, Dell’s leading ProSupport service[v], and Accidental Damage Service[vi] for drops, falls and spills. This end-to-end solution gives Dell Cloud Client-Computing customers support throughout the product lifecycle, and helps them shift focus away from day-to-day operations and maintenance towards innovation by delivering key services that help maximise productivity, minimise disruption, and reduce risk.
Steve Lalla, vice president, Commercial Client Software and Solutions, Dell Inc.
“At Dell, we have the ability to take our years of expertise as the leaders in VDI, and layer in the design and heritage of our Latitude PCs that are used by millions of people every day, to deliver mobile thin clients that combine the best of both worlds for the benefit of our customers. When you add our services, security and relationships with leading broker providers, we provide the end-to-end value that our customers are looking for from a technology partner today.”
Peter Han, vice president, Worldwide OEM Marketing, Microsoft Corp.
“In today’s workplace, companies of all sizes need technology that allows their employees to be mobile and flexible, as well as collaborative and productive, while keeping their data secure. With Windows-based mobile thin clients such as Dell’s new devices, employees can enjoy a familiar computing experience with the flexibility they crave and the security and control that IT requires.”