Eagle S tanker involved in undersea cable damage case in Finland - Global Banking & Finance Review
The Eagle S oil tanker, accused of damaging undersea cables in the Gulf of Finland, faces legal charges. This incident highlights growing concerns over maritime safety and infrastructure security in the Baltic Sea region.
Finance

UK's Wood Group extends deadline for Sidara's takeover offer

Published by Global Banking & Finance Review

Posted on April 17, 2025

1 min read

· Last updated: April 17, 2025

Add as preferred source on Google

Wood Group Extends Sidara's Takeover Offer Deadline Again

(Reuters) - UK's Wood Group on Thursday said it has extended the deadline for a takeover offer by Dubai-based Sidara to May 15 from April 17.

On Monday, the company received a proposal from Sidara comprising a takeover bid worth about 242 million pounds ($320.5 million) and up to $450 million in cash.

Wood Group had said it would be "minded to recommend" a firm offer on such terms to its shareholders, if made.

The British oilfield services and engineering firm rekindled talks for a potential takeover in February, after Sidara shelved its initial plans to buy the group last year, citing rising geopolitical risks and uncertainty in the financial market.

This development marks the second extension Wood Group has granted to Sidara, with the first taking place in March.

($1 = 0.7552 pounds)

(Reporting by Anandita Mehrotra in Bengaluru; Editing by Sonia Cheema)

Key Takeaways

  • Wood Group extends Sidara's takeover offer deadline to May 15.
  • Sidara's proposal includes a bid worth 242 million pounds.
  • Wood Group is open to recommending the offer to shareholders.
  • Talks resumed in February after initial plans were shelved.
  • This is the second extension granted by Wood Group.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the main topic?
The main topic is the extension of Sidara's takeover offer deadline by Wood Group to May 15.
What is the value of Sidara's proposal?
Sidara's proposal includes a takeover bid worth about 242 million pounds and up to $450 million in cash.
Why were initial takeover plans shelved?
Initial plans were shelved due to rising geopolitical risks and uncertainty in the financial market.

Related Articles

More from Finance

Explore more articles in the Finance category