- Sets the gold standard for business continuity through innovative dynamic licence pooling to deliver secure access for all data types across any device
- Addresses the challenge many organisations face when moving to the cloud, combining traditional resources and cloud applications in a single pane of glass portal
- Delivers an intuitive user experience while making companies more secure by bringing the latest clientless access methods and ciphers to the platform
SonicWall, the trusted security partner protecting more than a million business networks worldwide, today announced significant enhancements to its Secure Mobile Access (SMA) solution providing even greater security to customers in an ever-growing world of everywhere access and BYOD. In SonicWall’s first product enhancement since beginning independent operations earlier this month, the new SonicWall SMA 1000 Series OS 12.0 provides policy enforced secure access to authorised remote and mobile users for all data types across any device.
“The exponential growth of BYOD and the increased need for remote access have driven a new requirement for security with high availability to business wireless and mobile networks,” said Bill Conner, president and CEO, SonicWall. “Increasingly, the complexity of connecting any mobile device with data of all types has also hindered the ability of businesses to securely expand their access. SonicWall Secure Mobile Access provides customers and partners with highly reliable access security without the risk and complexity of moving to the cloud.”
The SonicWall SMA 1000 Series OS 12.0 features policy enforced SSL VPN to mission critical applications, data and resources from all operating systems and mobile devices. Administrators have the ability to configure security policies that provide best-in-class, context-aware authorisation which grants variable levels of access to data only to trusted users dependent on the health metrics of their connecting devices and location.
New features of the SonicWall SMA 1000 Series OS 12.0 include:
- Global High Availability offers a turnkey approach to delivering robust remote access where a high degree of business continuity is required, all without any downtime and aggressive SLAs. Global High Availability includes the patent pending Global Traffic Optimizer for traffic load balancing with zero-impact failover for high resiliency across data centres. It also provides real-time monitoring across environment performance and user sessions, while delivering active/active configuration for high availability.
- Blended SSO technology enables organisations to move to the cloud utilising a single pane of glass to access traditional campus resources and SaaS cloud applications, allowing service owners to seamlessly move resources to the cloud while maintaining a familiar access experience for their users.
- Superior security ensures that the highest security stance is maintained for compliance and data protection by utilising the latest ciphers and strongest encryptions including the Suite B cryptographic algorithms.
- An intuitive user experience through enhanced browser based clientless access and native apps provides an updated and modernised user interface for both the administrative console and user workplace portals.
SonicWall channel partners have been supportive of today’s announcement. From EMEA, Lloyd Carnie, CTO, Core said: “We are excited by the new SonicWall SMA 1000 Series OS 12.0 for our mobile enterprise customers. With the new innovation of the Global High Availability which includes the Global Traffic Optimizer, the blended SSO technology and the rules based access control – all available today – we will be able offer the highest security for our mobile customers.”
SonicWall SMA 1000 Series is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Chrome OS devices to provide secure access to allowed network resources. The solution supports up to 20,000 concurrent connections on a single appliance with the ability to scale to hundreds of thousands of concurrent connections with multiple appliances when managed by SonicWall’s Central Management Server and utilising the dynamic pooled licences.