- Rapid7 Insight platform is the first cloud-based platform to combine vulnerability management, user behaviour analytics-powered SIEM, IT log analytics, and application security data
- Evolved platform centralizes operational and security data from the network, endpoints, and the cloud to unify data, accelerate analysis, and reduce cost of ownership
- Rapid7 introduces two new solutions, on its platform: InsightVM, for live vulnerability and endpoint analytics, and InsightAppSec, for live web application security testing
Rapid7, Inc. (NASDAQ: RPD), a leading provider of analytics solutions for security and IT operations, today announced the evolution of the Rapid7 Insight platform with the availability of two new solutions: InsightVM, for vulnerability management, and InsightAppSec, for application security testing. Processing more than 50 billion events and monitoring millions of assets daily, the Insight platform is the first to unify solutions for vulnerability management, user behaviour analytics (UBA), SIEM, IT log analytics, and application security.
The cloud-based platform makes it possible for security and IT professionals to share data, research findings, and analytic-processing resources. The Rapid7 Insight platform significantly reduces the overall total cost of ownership inherent with on-premise, analytics-driven solutions, and automatically scales to meet the needs of users, helping to solve challenges presented by rapid data growth for both security and IT.
“Unnecessary complexity is at the heart of many issues security and IT teams face today. Rapid7’s cloud-based, analytics-driven platform evolved because security and IT professionals need intuitive solutions that quickly and easily provide answers to reduce risk,” said Lee Weiner, chief product officer at Rapid7. “By creating a platform that enables multiple applications to share data, research findings, and analytic processing, we’re improving our customers’ experience, surfacing answers faster, and reducing ownership cost.”
Rapid7’s Insight platform is built on nearly two decades of active research, a constantly expanding vulnerability and exploit database, Rapid7’s Metasploit, and learnings from thousands of penetration tests and the Company’s threat hunting team. This extensive, historical knowledge, combined with advanced analytics – including user behaviour and exposure analytics, deception technologies, threat modelling, intelligence feeds, and machine learning – is then applied to customer data from network scans, logs, and endpoints. The Rapid7 Insight platform transforms this user data into answers by delivering actionable guidance for vulnerability management, incident detection, application security, and IT optimization.
“How many of us want more security stuff to install and manage?” asked Eric Ogren, senior security analyst with 451 Research. “The concept of Rapid7’s Insight platform, making the entire product portfolio available as a cloud-based service, is an interesting approach that promises to remove much of the complexity involved in operating a state-of-the-art security program.”
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
The Rapid7 Insight platform uses the same lightweight agent and data collectors across all of its security and IT solutions to gather machine data across logs, endpoint agents, and other sources. This simplified approach to data collection allows users to leverage the same data, collected once, to solve multiple, distinct challenges:
- Vulnerability management teams have greater visibility to better understand the risk posed to their environment, and the most impactful remediations;
- Incident responders are able to detect and respond to incidents in real time;
- IT operations teams are able to drive productivity, maintain uptime, and quickly resolve potential issues; and
- Application security teams are able to investigate vulnerabilities earlier in the development lifecycle.
Introducing Rapid7 InsightVM: advanced vulnerability management analytics and reporting
InsightVM builds on Rapid7’s award-winning, vulnerability management solution, Nexpose, now fully leveraging the power of the cloud to provide live answers to security professionals’ most critical questions. InsightVM’s live monitoring gathers continuous data, whether via agents or agentless, to provide security professionals with increased visibility into the risk posed by their entire network footprint, including cloud, virtual, and endpoints.
“Rapid7’s vulnerability management solution is the only technology I’ve ever used that gives me a full, actionable view of my environment, all the way to the endpoint,” said Scott Cheney, manager of information security at Sierra View Medical Center. “With Rapid7 live dashboards, I have a clear view of all the assets on my network, which ones can be exploited, and what I need to do in order to reduce the risk in my environment in real-time. No other tool gives us that kind of value and insight.”
InsightVM is designed to provide a fully available, scalable, and efficient way to collect vulnerability data and minimize risk. InsightVM automatically evaluates changes in users’ networks the moment they happen, allowing security professionals to better understand and quickly manage the risk posed to their organization.
Additionally, InsightVM now includes:
- Rapid7 Insight Agent: This lightweight agent gives customers visibility all the way to the endpoint while prioritizing only the most important issues based on Rapid7’s high-fidelity RealRisk score.
- Remediation Workflow: Allows security professionals to build custom filters for remediation tasks, automatically assign issues to the right people, integrate with existing ticketing solutions, and monitor to completion.
- InsightVMLiveboards: Designed to show management teams their most critical risks, and provide the deep intelligence to improve productivity by taking the guesswork out of identifying security trends and priorities.
InsightVM is available now. For information on subscription pricing, please contact [email protected].
Coming soon, Rapid7 InsightAppSec: cloud-powered analysis for application security
InsightAppSec, currently in beta, is designed to provide security professionals with an unmatched ability to assess modern web applications, while keeping pace with the industry’s newest applications. Enabled by the Rapid7 Insight platform, InsightAppSec streamlines results to provide more comprehensive visibility, instantaneously. With a focus on ease of use, InsightAppSec will feature simpler scan creation, tuning, and scheduling.
The solution, which advances the capabilities of Rapid7’s AppSpider, will feature a sophisticated new workflow designed to provide more data and increased visibility into applications. InsightAppSec has a universal translator that automatically interprets the new technologies being used in today’s web and mobile applications.