Provides additional security layers for in-depth protection in the cloud
London, UK, 25 Feb. 2013 – Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announced the inclusion of data loss prevention (DLP) in its Open Platform strategy to enable organisations to adopt cloud applications with confidence.
Now, customers can leverage CipherCloud’s Open Platform to monitor and enforce policies on information shared across all of their cloud applications unlike the older generation of DLP solutions. By including cloud DLP in its Open Platform technology, CipherCloud is extending its powerful information protection measures into the cloud.
Additionally, CipherCloud’s cloud DLP enforces stronger security by deciphering, detecting and encrypting information exchanged between clients and the cloud. This delivers a critical feature that legacy DLP fails to provide for organisations that are sharing information in the cloud and through mobile applications.
CipherCloud’s Open Platform also supports industry standard interfaces for integrating seamlessly with an organisation’s existing security infrastructure. CipherCloud’s technology provides:
● An open ecosystem of integration support for customers using legacy DLP and anti-malware software for existing policy management such as Symantec and McAfee
● Single Sign-on (SSO) and Access Management across multiple partners, including CA SiteMinder, Microsoft, Ping Identity, Symplified and BiTKOO
● Activity monitoring integration with industry leading solutions from HP ArcSight and Splunk.
“CipherCloud is delivering a game-changing open platform to provide protection for information before it ever leaves the organisation,” said Pravin Kothari, CipherCloud founder and CEO. “This approach enables organisations to effectively solve multiple security issues – including data privacy, residency, security and compliance – through a single gateway, by bringing a previously unavailable level of security to cloud applications.”
By delivering the industry’s first cloud DLP technology, CipherCloud broadens the capabilities of its single point of access for all cloud applications, which comprises a robust suite of detection, protection, enforcement and monitoring capabilities:
● Comprehensive Protection Platform – A single gateway delivers encryption, tokenization, key management, user activity logging, DLP and malware protection
● Military Grade Encryption – Operations-preserving encryption that protects sensitive information before it is sent to the cloud
● Enforce Data Loss Protection: Custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document, providing an additional level of security and control
● Deliver Malware Detection: Information exchanges including external and internal user uploaded attachments are screened in real-time for virus, malware and other embedded threats
● Provide Activity Monitoring: Security dashboards report on activities to monitor out of compliance users.
The CipherCloud platform provides universal support for commercially available enterprise cloud applications for CRM, collaboration and email, which include Salesforce.com, Chatter, Force.com, Microsoft Office 365, Google Gmail and tailored solutions through CipherCloud’s Connect AnyApp gateway. Today, CipherCloud is also announcing an important addition to its portfolio with the introduction of CipherCloud for Box. This new solution delivers data loss prevention and malware screening, providing an additional level of security to cloud content sharing through Box.