Experienced Leadership Team Poised for Future Growth of Global Lifestyle
LONDON, JUNE 1 2018 – Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), a premier global provider of risk management solutions, today announced the leadership team of its global operations following the closing of The Warranty Group acquisition. Also, today the combined company’s global automotive leadership team was announced.
“Assurant’s acquisition of The Warranty Group supports our global strategy within lifestyle and housing and deepens our footprint and scale across the world,” said Keith Meier, President, International at Assurant.
“Talent plays a critical role in our global success, and this combination translates to a deeper bench of talent with an enhanced ability to deliver unique solutions for our clients and customers.”
The appointments include:
- Andy Morris will continue to serve as president, Assurant Europe. With more than 20 years’ leadership experience, Morris will lead the team in Europe to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of automotive, retail, OEM, mobile and banking clients and their customers. Morris will focus on continually improving the customer experience to reflect the convergence of technologies and the evolution of the connected consumer’s lifestyle.
- Rich Green will serve as president, Automotive, Europe for Assurant, reporting directly to Andy Morris. Joining from The Warranty Group, Green will be responsible for driving overall automotive business growth, client relationships and new business development activities throughout the United Kingdom and continental Europe.
- Federico Bunge will continue in his position as president, Assurant Latin America. He has more than 25 years’ experience that covers the banking, automotive and insurance industries. Bunge has a strong track record of … building and leveraging talent and applying his strategic skills to create innovative solutions that deliver value for Assurant’s clients and their customers.
- Felipe Sanchez has been appointed country president for Assurant Mexico, a role he held at The Warranty Group. He will report directly to Federico Bunge. With 30 years’ experience in leadership positions, Sanchez bring key strengths to this position, including strategic planning, sales and marketing management and building high-performance teams.
- Manfred Schmoelz will serve as president, Assurant Asia Pacific. He previously held a similar position at The Warranty Group. Schmoelz brings more than 25 years’ experience in the banking and financial services industry to this role, where he will be responsible for all operations, business development and strategic growth.
- Junichi Fujimoto will continue as board director, Assurant Japan. With significant experience in the Japanese IT, mobile and telecom industries, he brings management, marketing and product expertise to this role. With a focus on innovation, Fujimoto will lead the company to use Assurant’s global experience to create localised products and services for Japanese consumers.
- Robert Zanussi remains in his role as country president, Assurant Canada, which he began in 2015. Zanussi works across varied lifestyle business lines and has an extensive track record of driving growth for the company in Canada. He has had success working to develop new business opportunities focused on credit protection and extended service programmes in the region.
- Gary Mann becomes strategy and operations leader, International. Formerly vice president, International Development, Mann has been with Assurant for 13 years in risk, customer experience, strategy and operations positions. He brings vast experience and insights to this strategic role, having supported the International business unit since early 2015.
Meier continued, “Each of these leaders, individually and collectively, will leverage our deep expertise and flexible capabilities to deliver unique insights and product innovation for our clients and customers in their respective markets across the world.”
Footnote: Subject to any applicable regulatory approvals.