As its customer base grows across a diverse range of industries, Anaplan expands to meet global demand
Anaplan, the enterprise planning cloud company, today announced it more than doubled revenue for its fiscal year 2016, with over 100 percent growth year-over-year. The company’s continued growth is being fuelled by global demand for its cloud-based planning and modelling platform.
- Global enterprise customer base grew to 430, an increase of 75%.
- Users increased 90% year-over-year to 70,000.
- $90 million capital raised at a $1.1 billion valuation.
- Employee headcount grew 80% to 575 worldwide in 15 countries, including new operations in India, China and Japan.
“Our continued growth speaks volumes about the global business problems we solve for our customers,” said Fred Laluyaux, Anaplan President and CEO. “The ease of use, the power, and the versatility of the 120+ Anaplan apps built on our planning platform enable businesses to make real time and numbers-driven decisions to dramatically improve their operational and financial performance.”
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Anaplan’s customer wins during the past 12 months include global companies representing a broad range of industries and markets, such as: CareerBuilder, Chevron Corporation, Dairy Farmers of America, Gatwick Airport, GrubHub, Schneider Electric, Tata Steel, Ticket Monster, Zillow Group, and new AXA entities.
“Enterprise companies are evolving to conduct business at digital speeds. This is a winner takes all market and winners have accelerated decision-making cycles,” said R ‘Ray’ Wang, Founder and CEO of Constellation Research. “At the heart of this transition is strategic business software that enables companies to model the future and continuously adjust when changes hit and opportunities arise.”
Fiscal year 2016 held continued growth for Anaplan. Key milestones and business highlights include:
- Several industry leaders joined Anaplan, including CMO Grant Halloran, CFO James Budge, and CRO Paul Melchiorre. Additionally, Bob Calderoni and Sandesh Patnam were appointed as directors of the board.
- A new, updated Anaplan App Hub was unveiled, featuring 120+ industry-specific apps from Anaplan, partners, and customers.
- Launched new portfolios of planning apps for Marketing, Human Resources, and Supply Chain to enable companies to deploy Anaplan into every area of the business.
- Seven signature HUB conferences were hosted across the globe, attended by more than 3,000 enterprise planners.
- Five major Anaplan platform releases were announced, offering enhancements and improved tools for model builders.
- Fast Company named Anaplan to its Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise Software for 2016.
- Gartner named Anaplan a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Suites and a Challenger in the Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management (SPM).
- Mary Meeker featured Anaplan as a company to watch in her annual “Internet Trends 2015” report.