Singapore, 31 October 2022… The seventh edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) kicks off today as an in-person event from 31 October to 4 November. Organised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Elevandi, the theme of SFF 2022 is ‘Building Resilient Business Models amid Volatility and Change’.
- SFF 2022 will see more than 850 expert speakers and over 250 hours of content across its week-long programme. The Festival is expected to draw participants from more than 110 countries and 2,000 organisations. It will feature 450 exhibitors and 25 international pavilions across the exhibition hall.
- The by-invitation only Capital Meets Policy Dialogue, to be held on 1 November, will bring together policymakers and investors to discuss the current innovations in financial services, exchange views on emerging risks, and share perspectives on FinTech regulation.
- The Innovation Lab Crawl, to be held on 31 October and 1 November, will feature 26 participating organisations, including Asia FinTech Center, Capgemini, NEC Laboratories, BNY Mellon, DBS and HSBC. Located across Singapore, these organisations will showcase their latest FinTech innovations in areas such as alternative investments, decentralised investments, and insurance.
- The Conference segment of the SFF, to be held from 2 to 4 November, will feature more than 400 sessions with government leaders, policymakers, innovators, economists, corporate leaders, and FinTech entrepreneurs. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Mr Lawrence Wong, will open the Conference on 2 November. Key speakers from abroad include:
- Ms Adrienne A. Harris, Superintendent, New York Department of Financial Services
- V. Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Aarin Capital and Chairman, 3one4 Capital
- Ms Sheila Bair, Former Chair, US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Senior Fellow, Center for Financial Stability, and Senior Advisor and Founding Chair, Systemic Risk Council
- Bram Cohen, Director, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Chia Network Inc
- Brian Armstrong, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Coinbase
- Ms Angel Zhao, President, International Business, Ant Group
- Ms Martha Sazon, President and Chief Executive Officer, GCash
- Mark FitzPatrick, Chief Executive Officer, Prudential plc
- Dr Stuart Haber, Principal, Stuart Haber Crypto, LLC
- John Tanagho, Executive Director, International Justice Mission Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children, International Justice Mission
- Sonam Wangchuk, Founder, Himalayan Institute of Alternatives
- Kailash Satyarthi, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation.
- A highlight of the Conference segment is the inaugural Elevandi Insights Forum, which will bring together experts from entities such as the International Monetary Fund, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, the Bank for International Settlements Innovation Hub, the Milken Institute, and the Institute of International Finance, for a series of deep-dive roundtable discussions on issues such as cross-border payments, open finance, Web3, and digital assets. The participants will then follow up through industry whitepapers and lighthouse projects.
- SFF 2022 will see the return of a physical Exhibition featuring over 450 organisations, including global financial institutions, regulators and FinTechs, showcasing the latest innovations and developments in the FinTech space. The Exhibition will feature for the first time an ESG FinTech Zone, curated in partnership with MAS’ Green FinTech Office. It will host ESG FinTechs, financial institutions, and real economy players to showcase solutions that meet key ESG data and disclosure challenges faced by companies.
- SFF 2022 will have a strong focus on skills and knowledge development. Attendees will be able to earn their Sustainability and Digital Assets & Web3 badges upon completion of a three-day Learning Journey that allows them to experience a variety of activities at SFF. Attendees can also engage in networking and mentoring opportunities as well as Lunch & Learn sessions with industry luminaries across three days of the Festival. Curated specially for attendees and students wishing to explore a career or to upskill in FinTech is the Talent Pavilion featuring career fairs, expert talks, and learning courses.
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer of MAS and Chairman of Elevandi Board, said, “The industry is on the cusp of moving into three areas – Web3, digital assets, and an ESG-focused economy. We have designed SFF to reflect this shift in an open, engaging and bold way, focusing on finding solutions to today’s challenges and taking definitive steps toward implementation across the financial sector. Hence, the content of SFF has shifted to the impact makers who will inspire the community to come together and drive real change.”
- Jean-François Quentin, Group Chief Executive Officer of Constellar, said, “There is no replacement for the physical event experience in unlocking the potential of impactful partnerships. The large international profile of new and returning exhibitors reflects a hunger for the global SFF community to connect face-to-face again after two years. We are leveraging this demand at SFF by providing a robust, digitally-enabled platform for buyers, sellers and trade visitors to generate opportunities through knowledge sharing, targeted business matchmaking and expanded networking opportunities.”
- SFF 2022 is organised by MAS and Elevandi, in partnership with Constellar and in collaboration with The Association of Banks in Singapore. Since its inception in 2016, SFF has become the premier platform for the global FinTech community to engage, connect, and collaborate on issues relating to the development of financial services, public policy, and technology.
- Visit fintechfestival.sg to register for SFF 2022 and receive updates.
 Elevandi is a not-for-profit entity set up by the MAS to connect people and businesses, ideas and insights in the FinTech sector in Singapore and globally.
Global Banking & Finance Review
Why waste money on news and opinions when you can access them for free?
Take advantage of our newsletter subscription and stay informed on the go!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Global Banking & Finance Review │ Banking │ Finance │ Technology. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Top Stories4 days ago
Nestle misses sales estimates as price hikes deter shoppers
Top Stories4 days ago
China’s Xpeng signs partnership with UAE’s Ali&Sons, eyes Italian market
Top Stories3 days ago
ECB reports record loss for 2023 as rate hikes bite
Business3 days ago
Global Economic Trends: Implications for Business Insurance Strategies