Organisers highlight must-see sessions as the two-week countdown begins
Richmond, Surrey, UK; 7 June 2022 – The final keynote speaker to join the inspiring conference programme at Infosecurity Europe 2022 (21-23 June at ExCeL London) has been confirmed as International Hostage and Kidnap Negotiation Expert Suzanne Williams. In her captivating session, Lessons Learnt From the World of Hostage Negotiation (Thursday 23 June, 10:10), Suzanne will share her unique perspectives on remaining resilient in difficult situations, decision making under pressure, calculated risk taking, and the critical role of humans in advanced systems. Visitor registration for Infosecurity Europe 2022 – Europe’s most influential information security event – is open here.
Suzanne Williams says: “I’ll outline the types of organised and not-so-organised crime I’ve been involved with, sharing insights such as how to listen to others to improve negotiation skills. I’m really looking forward to the show; it’s the conversations and introductions which happen at in-person events that make all the difference. Having noticed an increase in cyber extortion in my world, it will be interesting to learn about the emerging threats and trends.”
Other leading practitioners, policymakers and thought leaders on the Keynote Stage include:
- Main opening keynote speaker Major General Tom Copinger-Symes CBE, Director of Strategy and Military Digitisation with UK Strategic Command, Tackling the Uncertain Future of Security Threats (Tuesday 21 June, 10:20).
- Baroness Eliza Manningham-Buller, former Head of MI5 and now serving on the Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology, Leadership in an Age of Uncertainty (Wednesday 22 June, 10:10).
- Misha Glenny, author, journalist and specialist in organised crime and cybersecurity, Geopolitics and Cyber Insecurity (Tuesday 21 June, 15:10).
- Geoff White, reporter for BBC and Channel 4 and author of The Lazarus Heist, Beyond the Lazarus Heist (Wednesday 22 June, 15:20).
Also much anticipated is the National Cyber Security Centre Threat Brief: Hacks and Adversaries Unveiled (Thursday 23 June, 12.20), presented by a senior representative of the NCSC who will discuss the key threats and issues the organisation has encountered as it seeks to make the UK the safest place to live and work online.
Visitors should not miss the chance to build their technical know-how through Geek Street’s hands-on learning activities, including a series of in-depth roundtable discussions:
- Tuesday 21 June: Managing Hybrid Cloud Complexity; Nurturing Respectful Behaviours
- Wednesday 22 June: Discussing Incident and Crisis Management; Securing Critical Industrial Controls Environments
- Thursday 23 June: Disinformation Warfare: Tackling Spread of Fake News; Internet of Things: can it be made secure?
On Wednesday 22 June, the winner of the prestigious UK’s Most Innovative Cyber SME 2022 contest – run by the DCMS in partnership with Infosecurity Europe and techUK – will be announced live on the Innovation Showcase stage.
There are also a number of events and announcements from Infosecurity Europe’s 370+ exhibitors to look forward to, to name just a few examples:
- DigitalXRAID (stand B80) will be running live demos of its new security portal, due to be launched at the show, at 2.15pm on 21 and 22 June, and 12pm on 23 June.
- Semperis (E22) will hold an on-demand Active Directory Clinic on 21 June, where visitors can evaluate their security posture and how to become less attackable.
- SecureAge (Q12) will officially launch its CatchPulse endpoint protection platform, designed to deliver 100% protection from malware.
- Censornet (R48) will demo its new integrated identity as a service (IDaaS), which gives businesses enhanced identity-aware, context-based security.
Nicole Mills, Exhibition Director at Infosecurity Group, comments: “Two weeks before the event opens, and there’s a real buzz in the air about Infosecurity Europe 2022. We’re hearing from visitors, exhibitors and speakers alike how they can’t wait to get back together in person to share experiences, forge relationships and learn from each other. The theme we chose for this year’s show – Stronger Together – couldn’t be more apt, and we’re looking forward to seeing evidence of what increased industry collaboration makes possible in the coming years.”
Getting to Infosecurity Europe couldn’t be easier, following the opening of the Elizabeth line, with 12 trains an hour and direct links to Farringdon, Paddington and Liverpool Street. The route map can be downloaded here.
About Infosecurity Europe
Infosecurity Europe brings together information security professionals attending from every segment of the industry, as well the leading industry suppliers showcasing their products and services, industry analysts, worldwide press and policy experts. Expert practitioners are lined up to take part in the free-to-attend conference, seminar and workshop programme. Find out more at https://www.infosecurityeurope.com
About RX (Reed Exhibitions)
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America. The shares of RELX PLC, the parent company, are traded on the London, Amsterdam and New York Stock Exchanges using the following ticker symbols: London: REL; Amsterdam: REN; New York: RELX. The market capitalisation is approximately £33bn, €39bn, $47bn. *Note: Current market capitalisation can be found at http://www.relx.com/investors
This is a Sponsored Feature.