Now since we spoke about how to increase the number of followers of your Instagram account, let’s make you aware of how to get your Instagram account verified. Ever noticed the blue badge on some on some of your favourite Instagram accounts? Those are the accounts that got verified by Instagram. A verified account gives reassurance to your viewers and followers that you are the real, increasing the authenticity of your presence. With so many frauds and fake accounts, helping your followers to be able to trust you completely is really important these days. Moreover, the blue badge helps people find an account easily and avoid imposter accounts. But getting the coveted blue check is not easy. Only profiles that match up to Instagram’s terms and conditions are considered to get verified.
Initially, only Instagram could decide to whom it wants to provide the blue badge, which would get done automatically and you had no role to play in this. But now, you can request to get your account verified, though that certainly does not mean anybody applying for verification will successfully get the blue check. The blue badge is reserved only for celebrities, public figures, global brands, or entities representing a brand. In other words, accounts with a large number of followers and higher reach and notability will get their account verified.
Instagram reviews verification requests to confirm the authenticity, uniqueness, completeness and notability of each account. Instagram will check if there is actual presence of what you claim to be in your account. If your account is that of your business or brand, it needs to be registered. You need to be unique in what you have to offer via Instagram. Any account simply reposting the work of other verified accounts can never get the blue check. Also, meme pages and other general interest accounts never get verified by Instagram. Only brands or individuals who are highly searched for, and have been featured in several mediums get counted for the blue badge. If your account matches the above criteria, make sure your profile is complete with a detailed and relevant bio and profile photo and is open to the public. Make sure that your profile should not contain “add me” links to other social media services.
Once you are ready to apply for your account verification, open your profile page and go to Settings > Request Verification. Fill out the form that appears with needed details. You will need to submit a photo identity card, which shows your name and date of birth. Instagram accepts only driver’s license, passport, or national identification card. An official business document like a tax filing, recent utility bill, or article of incorporation can also be used.
Tips on how to get your Instagram account blue check ready
- Promote your Instagram account on your website and other social profiles of your business. Add links that will directly navigate viewers to your Instagram account. You can share your Instagram account in other forms of communications such as email. This not only helps you increase the number of followers but also maximises the authenticity of your Instagram account.
- You need to create a unique account. Recreating an account similar to an already existing verified account will question the authenticity of your account. Be consistent with your brand aesthetic. Personalize your posts to make it easily recognizable to your followers and should have an identity of its own.
- Your Instagram username must be the same as has been used on other channels of promotions to help people relate and connect.
- Include a link to your website on your Instagram profile so that people know which one is the actual account and do not get carried away by other fake accounts. This is another brilliant idea to increase authenticity.
- A strong bio is very important. It should give a detailed idea on the objective of the account and with a hint to what people can expect from your profile. Moreover, use a relevant photo as it can help build a better connection.
- It is ideal to get connected to other verified accounts and flaunt connections with those accounts in your posts.
- Don’t try to buy followers just for the sake of increasing the number of followers. Simply a large number of followers won’t get your account verified as long as you don’t build engagement.
- Abide by the rules of Instagram and avoid wrong social practices that might offend Instagram policies.
- Work on building your presence on other platforms such as YouTube so that during verification you can appear as a popular business or individual.
- Resubmit your application if does not get verified in the first try. Keep trying.