The annual FT US Banking Summit 2020 will bring together leading bankers, regulators, investors and technologists from across the financial ecosystem. Join us to discuss the biggest-picture trends shaping today’s US banking landscape, and the opportunities that the new decade will bring.
New for 2020, we are delighted to announce the introduction of concurrent afternoon streams, looking in greater detail at two key areas prompting apprehension and innovation on Wall Street. Engage in frank and timely discussions with FT journalists, close peers and external specialists on Retail Bank of the Future or Fraud and Financial Crime, or explore new technologies in the FT Disruptech demo space.
- Gain timely insights into how the current economic, political and regulatory landscape is impacting the industry outlook.
- Discusskeychallengesandopportunitiesforbanksastheymanagetheimpactofnew technologies, emerging risks, and increased competition from non-banks.
- Hear how bank leaders are prioritizing investments for the future, particularly with respect to technology innovation and other drivers of long-term, sustainable growth.
- Network with senior peers from a cross the US banking ecosystem, including current and former regulators, C-suite executives, Board members, stakeholders, and senior journalists from the FinancialTimes.
After months of economic uncertainty and volatility, we find ourselves at a crossroads.
With markets in decline and economies around the world heading towards recession, Reuters Events’ Investment Summit (Dec. 2-3) unites financial institutions and investors from around the world to tackle the future of investment at this unprecedented moment.
Combining onstage inspiration with intimate peer-to-peer networking, the two-day flagship will cover four key themes:
- Market Drivers and Outlook: Learn how macroeconomics, geopolitics, China and market volatility have impacted investment outlook and how you can prepare for 2021 and beyond.
- Asset Management Strategies: Go beyond data and learn the methodologies employed by the most successful managers to enhance their understanding of the market and extract financial rewards. Watch out for opportunity identification techniques, industry specific expert takes and great debates.
- Leadership in a New Reality: A deep-dive into how long-term government, regulatory and investment initiatives will drive change for investors around the world.
- Learning from COVID-19: Crisis has created both opportunities and risks. Are you moving fast enough? What does progress look like? Get exclusive insights from industry forerunners, leading asset owners, senior regulators and influential international players as investors look to tackle economic calamity.
As the world comes to term with the events of 2020, this 2 day strategic summit will evaluate the investment community’s response to the current crisis to identify opportunities that lie ahead. We are committed to helping investors on their road to profitability and resilience.
Reuters Events Free Webinar – Unlocking ‘S’: Social Factors Driving Financial Returns
Fjarde AP-Fonden (Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund), The Builders Fund, New Markets Venture Partners and Hansa Impact Partners dissect the materiality, measurement, and importance of ‘Social’ Factors within ESG strategy
LIVE:Wednesday 26th August (15:00BST/10:00 EDT)
Reuters Events hosts pioneers in the strategic integration of social factor into investment decision-making to give you exclusive insights:
- How PE investors are helping bridge socioeconomic gaps, addressing and solving for widening inequalities through innovation and technology
- Discuss actual investment cases offering innovative solutions for health & wellness, human elevation, retraining workforces, reskilling workers and digital education services
- Hear from a new generation of investors and PE managers, investing in transformational businesses by considering all stakeholders
- Jessica Eistrand, Company Director, Co-Founder,Hansa Impact Partners
- Mark Grovic, Founder and General Partner,New Markets Venture Partners
- Marcus Svedberg, Investment Strategist,Fjärde AP-fonden/Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund
- Tripp Baird, Managing Partner,The Builders Fund
Recordings will be made available all registrants after the discussion.
Reuters Events has recently been launched, after FC Business Intelligence was acquired as part of the Reuters News and Media Division of Thomson Reuters October 2019.
For more information about Reuters Events ESG Investments, contact [email protected]
ESG Investment Europe Virtual Summit
Reuters Events’ ESG Investment Europe 2020 (2-3 November 2020) is the only event to put strategic and practical learning front and centre. Over two days, open discussions and case studies from leading investors, asset owners, data providers and regulators will deliver practical strategic insights for forward-thinking institutional investors.
Digital collaboration: Shaping the Future of Finance
By Ryan Lester, Senior Director of Customer Experience Technologies at LogMeIn With heightened economic uncertainty and increased customer expectation becoming...
The 2020 Outbound Email Data Breach Report Finds Growing Email Volumes and Stressed Employees are Causing Rising Breach Risk
Research by Egress reveals organisations suffer outbound email data breaches approximately every 12 working hours Egress, the leading provider of human layer data security solutions, today released their 2020 Outbound Email Data...
Regulating innovation: the biggest challenge in payments
By Fady Abdel-Nour, Global Head of M&A and Investments, PayU Over the course of the last six months, the payments...
Investors remain worried about COVID, but positive towards stamp duty holiday
By Jamie Johnson, CEO of FJP Investment The journey back to economic normality will be strenuous. COVID-19 has imbued many...
Creating a culture of cybersecurity in Financial Services
By Martin Landless, Vice President for Europe at LogRhythm As the financial services sector increasingly moves online and reaps the...
How the financial sector can keep newly acquired customers returning time and time again
By Dicken Doe from Foolproof, a Zensar company Covid-19 has changed the financial lives of millions; what worked for people...
Creating an engaging email marketing campaign that avoids the junk folder
By David Wharram, CEO of Coast Digital With more than 280 billion emails sent every day, email marketing is a...
Cloud in Banking: An Opportunity That Can’t be Ignored
By David Rimmer, Research Associate at Leading Edge Forum Originally offered as a better way to build IT systems, cloud...
Increased contactless spending could be linked to higher fraud and payment disputes, warns global risk expert
The rapid adoption of contactless payments during COVID-19 may be contributing to multiple strands of fraud Monica Eaton-Cardone, COO and...
Pay and Go, why seamless checkout is essential for the customer experience
By Ralf Gladis, CEO, Computop Shopping for many is therapy…until they reach the queue for the checkout. It’s easier online...