Feature interview from Standard & Poor’s CreditMatters TV discussing
the findings from their recent report “Some Gulf Corporates Could Feel
The Heat On Low Oil Prices”
The report finds that:
• Corporate and Infrastructure companies in the Gulf face a weaker
operating environment on the back of lower oil prices.
• Debt issuance by such companies has fallen by 58% in the past 12 months.
• Government expenditures are slowing.
• The longer the oil price remains near current low levels, the higher
the likelihood of seeing more projects postponed or dropped.
• S&P have lowered the ratings on Bahrain and Oman in 2015.