- New release of Quest Enterprise Reporter enables organisations to easily secure workloads and meet compliance requirements across hybrid-cloud environments with support for Microsoft Office 365
- Recent enhancements to the business’ flagship security solution Change Auditor help organisations significantly improve their security posture
- New Quest IT Security Search gives IT teams the power to take action and conduct fast security investigations and forensic analysis with a single-pane-of-glass view
Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced new releases and updates to its Microsoft Platform Management business security solutions portfolio that make it easy for IT teams to manage and secure Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) environments. The newest releases allow organisations to meet rigorous compliance requirements and secure hybrid environments from potential threats. To reinforce the company’s commitment in supporting the customer journey to the cloud, the new security and compliance offerings present a correlated view across both on premise and cloud infrastructures which give IT administrators the power to react quickly to potential threats and improve security across the enterprise.
The new release of Enterprise Reporter v3.0 allows administrators to secure and manage the entire Microsoft stack with added support for Office 365 – Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Tenant/Subscription/License, Exchange Online, and OneDrive for Business – with built-in reporting and visibility including users, groups, permissions, and other configurations. The company’s flagship security and compliance solution, Change Auditor, has also added Office 365 support and auditing of Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business to deliver in-depth forensic insights and reporting on all key configuration, user and administrator changes in these cloud environments. Now, organisations can combine these security and compliance solutions into a single-pane-of-glass with the integration of IT Security Search, a web-based interface, using natural search language to help IT and security teams perform fast security incident response and forensic analysis. To further help customers secure their AD environment, Quest has selected the analytics engine from Fortscale Security, Inc. to add robust threat detection capabilities to Change Auditor. Threat detection models typical user behavior and combs through hundreds of millions of events to pin-point potential external attacks and internal rogue users, allowing companies to react quickly to potential threats as well as maintain security and compliance.
Quest continues on the fast track of innovation as a newly independent company and is committed to delivering both on premise and SaaS software solutions that help customers meet their toughest technology challenges as they leverage the cloud. The newest releases of Quest’s Microsoft Platform Management security and compliance solutions come on the heels of the recent launch of Quest On Demand, a simple to use SaaS offering that addresses the challenges organisations face in managing a variety of productivity platforms that comes with Office 365 deployment.
“As an independent software vendor, Quest invests and innovates in areas of critical importance to our customers. We see many organisations making the journey to the cloud and we’re committed to making this journey easy by delivering tools that complement their investment in Microsoft and make it simple to manage and secure environments both on premise and in the public cloud,” said Michael Tweddle, President and GM, Quest Microsoft Platform Management. “The Quest Microsoft Platform Management portfolio of security and management tools gives organisations powerful insight into business critical workloads wherever they reside so they can react quickly to potential threats and avoid business impact.”
Helping Customers Meet Security Requirements to Support Hybrid-Cloud Environments
According to a Special Report issued by Technology Business Research, Inc. titled, Hybrid is Driving Cloud and the Overall IT Opportunity, the use of hybrid cloud (a combination of cloud services) and hybrid IT (a combination of cloud services and on-premises assets) is the new reality for most enterprises, with 51% reporting at least one workload leveraging a hybrid cloud or IT deployment method. The report goes on to note that the growing hybrid adoption is a reflection of increased customer readiness and wider availability of technology from vendors for managing and integrating assets across cloud and on-premises environments.
Quest is helping organisations make this journey to the cloud with innovative tools that are easy to use and keep sensitive business workloads secure. The newest capabilities of Change Auditor, Enterprise Reporter and IT Security Search arm IT teams with solutions that identify and remediate security issues experienced in hybrid Microsoft environments.
Feature/benefits of each solution include:
- Quest Enterprise Reporter enables greater visibility of access and permissions into workloads managed across Microsoft on-premises, hybrid and cloud infrastructures and provides detailed, customised reporting to enhance security across Azure AD, Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business in addition to Active Directory, File servers, Exchange on-premises, SQL servers, and more.
- Quest Change Auditor helps organisations easily detect, alert, analyze, remediate and prevent insider attacks, as well as accidental changes, across Microsoft on-premises, hybrid and cloud environments. Change Auditor recently added support for Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business cloud workloads and now supports in total 16 different platforms for enterprise-class auditing. A central console eliminates the need and complexity for multiple IT audit solutions across on-premises and cloud-based environments. Additionally, Quest will bolster the Change Auditor solution with richer threat detection capabilities that will arm IT teams with an even stronger security footprint.
- Quest IT Security Search is an intelligent tool that uses simple, natural search language to provide IT teams with a single-pane-of-glass view of critical data scattered across on-premises and cloud data sources. It makes it easy to search, analyze and maintain business critical data stored in silos with an intelligent “looking glass” that makes it easy to perform fast security incident response and forensic analysis. When coupled with Quest security solutions, Enterprise Reporter, Change Auditor, InTrust, Recovery Manager for AD/Forest Edition, and One Identity Active Roles, IT teams can speed security investigations and compliance audits, and quickly troubleshoot in the event of an outage or security breach.
“Quest is a great example of the kind of valued partners that bring choice and innovation to the Microsoft ecosystem,” said Ryan McGee, director, Security Product Marketing, Microsoft Corp. “We are pleased to see Quest’s strong commitment to helping customers manage and secure hybrid Microsoft environments by continuing to deliver innovative new tools to help ensure the highest level of security in Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Office 365 productivity platforms.”