Severe disruption in the market has laid bare the vulnerability of conventional investment strategy. Mainstream institutional investors have woken up to the new materiality that lies within ESG factors, the question now becomes, how to integrate ESG into strategic investment policy? It’s crucial the industry can translate ESG data into financial value.
Reuters Events’ ESG Investment North America 2020 (13-14 October 2020) is the only event to put strategic and practical learning front and centre. Over two days, open discussions and case studies from leading investors, asset owners, data providers and regulators will deliver practical strategic insights for forward-thinking institutional investors.
WIRED Smarter 2020
A virtual conference
WIRED Smarter – WIRED’s annual business conference – explores the trends, technology and innovation changing the way we work, and investigates how senior executives can use this disruption as part of their growth strategy.
WIRED’s annual business conference – explores the trends, technology and innovation changing the way we work, and investigates how senior executives can use this disruption as part of their growth strategy. Curated by WIRED’s award-winning editorial team, the programme addresses talent, economics, design, diversity and artificial intelligence – and drills into industry-specific challenges and opportunities within the retail and money sectors.
2020 confirmed speakers include:
- Zahra Bahrololoumi, Senior Managing Director – Technology, Accenture
- Karina Govindji, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion EMEA, Google*
- David Vélez, Co-Founder and CEO, Nubank
- Anne Boden, Founder and CEO, Starling Bank
- Sarah Kocianski, Head of Research, 11:FS
- Dale Vince, Founder, Ecotricity
- Noorena Hertz, Economist & Author, The Lonely Century
- Shelly Bell, Founder, Black Girl Ventures
- Louise Beaumont, Chair, TechUK
- Hiroki Takeuchi, Co-founder and CEO, GoCardless
Global Banking and Finance Review members receive 10% off with discount code GBFR10
This is a Sponsored Feature
Reuters Events Free Webinar – The Impact of The Pandemic On Executive Compensation
Glass Lewis, CGLytics and the Council of Institutional Investors Identify Equity Portfolio Exposure to Governance Risks
Join Reuters Events free webinar on Wednesday 7th October (10:00 ET/15:00 BST): Glass Lewis, CGLytics and the Council of Institutional Investors identify equity portfolio exposure to governance risks: The impact of the pandemic on executive compensation.
To stay ahead of the market, ‘Asset Owners’ and ‘Asset Managers’ must increase engagement with topics, such as incentive plans, to ensure they are socially responsible and aligned with performance.
Expert speakers include:
- Andrew Gebelin, Vice President of Research, Engagement and Stewardship, Glass Lewis
- Glenn Davis, Deputy Director, Council of Institutional Investors
- Aniel Mahabier, CEO, CGLytics
Our expert speakers provide exclusive insights on:
- How to benchmark your portfolio companies’ executive compensation practices
- Why companies pay-for-performance is still misaligned, even after they have taken pay cuts this year
- ESG in incentive plans; how to link to variable pay
- How to identify executive compensation risks in your portfolio and ensure good investments decisions are made
- The impact of equity requests on your portfolio; how to perform bench marking of stock-based compensation plan costs and evaluate risks of share dilution.
Reuters Events has recently been launched, after FC Business Intelligence was acquired as part of the Reuters News and Media Division of Thomson Reuters October 2019.
For more information about Reuters Events ESG Investments, contact [email protected]
After months of economic uncertainty and volatility, we find ourselves at a crossroads.
With markets in decline and economies around the world heading towards recession, Reuters Events’ Investment Summit (Dec. 2-3) unites financial institutions and investors from around the world to tackle the future of investment at this unprecedented moment.
Combining onstage inspiration with intimate peer-to-peer networking, the two-day flagship will cover four key themes:
- Market Drivers and Outlook: Learn how macroeconomics, geopolitics, China and market volatility have impacted investment outlook and how you can prepare for 2021 and beyond.
- Asset Management Strategies: Go beyond data and learn the methodologies employed by the most successful managers to enhance their understanding of the market and extract financial rewards. Watch out for opportunity identification techniques, industry specific expert takes and great debates.
- Leadership in a New Reality: A deep-dive into how long-term government, regulatory and investment initiatives will drive change for investors around the world.
- Learning from COVID-19: Crisis has created both opportunities and risks. Are you moving fast enough? What does progress look like? Get exclusive insights from industry forerunners, leading asset owners, senior regulators and influential international players as investors look to tackle economic calamity.
As the world comes to term with the events of 2020, this 2 day strategic summit will evaluate the investment community’s response to the current crisis to identify opportunities that lie ahead. We are committed to helping investors on their road to profitability and resilience.
One third of money management tools face closure by the end of the year if they do not embrace open banking
New research from Yolt Technology Services shows 35% of Personal Finance Managers aren’t using any open banking technology Imminent screen...
Pivoting growth strategy to rebuild consumer trust and confidence
By Richard Steggall, the CEO of Urban FT Trust is essential to all relationships, whether personal or professional. And in...
Everything you need to know about APIs for business
By Omar Javaid, president, Vonage API Platform, Vonage If your work brings you into close proximity with technology, chances are...
Accountants have become critical to the survival of businesses and their reputations during Covid-19
The opportunity for fraudulent activity to flourish as finance departments operate remotely with less oversight in these extraordinary Covid-19 times...
Unexplained Wealth Orders: Rightly Celebrated or Over-Rated?
By Nicola Sharp of financial crime specialists Rahman Ravelli considers the attention given to unexplained wealth orders – and emphasises...
Taking advantage of the UK’s renovation revolution
By Paresh Raja, CEO, Market Financial Solutions UK property is a popular asset class because of its historical resilience to...
What is a glocal supply chain?
Thanks to rapid advances in communication and information technology, manufacturers are now able to operate at a truly global level,...
Rise in Digital Banking Activities: Should UK Banks Be Wary Of Cyber Attacks?
By Kunal Sawhney, CEO, Kalkine. Cybersecurity in the age of digital banking and technology has had a significant impact. With...
Grey skies ahead – Malta prepares for a gloomy 2021 if they can’t tackle financial crime
By Dhanum Nursigadoo, ComplyAdvantage With the summer drawing to a close, many countries who rely significantly on warm weather tourism...
Why Virtual Businesses Might Prove More Profitable in The Future
By Jolyon Hennings, founder of Box Bear – an interactive media company which recently created two new VR products (VR...