Social media has become the inseparable part of our lives. Be it connecting with your friends or getting updates on what is happening around the world, social media apps has made the things easy for all of us. There are various apps such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram etc, which are popular among the users. Today, we are going to discuss about Instagram and how you can post the content on it. You can post on Instagram through the desktop as well as from your mobile phone, make sure that you have created an account of yours and have an app installed. You will need the Instagram app or Google Chrome work-around if you are sharing a post on Windows 10 from your PC.
Follow the steps given below to make a post:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app:
- Tap on the icon of Instagram, which looks like the front of multi-coloured camera. By clicking on the icon, the home page of Instagram will open, if in case you are logged in already.
- If you haven't yet logged in then enter the email address of your Instagram account or the phone number or user name, along with the password, before you get started.
Step 2: Tap on the icon of plus sign +
- This is present at the screen's bottom-center. By clicking on it, you will have the interface of camera popping-up.
- If you are unable to find this option, then click on the Home tab which is in a shape of house. This tab is present in the left corner at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Select the Option of Upload
- Tap on any of the 3 options presents at the screen's bottom
- Gallery/Library: By clicking on this option, videos and photos saved in your phone will open up.
- Video: By clicking on this option, camera will open up and you will be able to record the new video.
- Photo: This option will open up the camera so that you can click new photo.
Step 4: Select or take the Video or Photo
By doing this, video or photo will open up in the editing window of Instagram
- After selecting the video or photo, tap on Next present in right corner at the top of screen, before you continue
- If you are selecting a photo instead of clicking the one, you have a free hand to choose more than one photo at a time All you have to do is, just tap on the squares that are overlapping and present on screen's right side, after that tap on nine more photos, to get them posted in one go.
Step 5: Select the Filter
Choose the filter, which you are willing to apply on the selected video or photo
- You are allowed to tap on the filter once again, after you have selected the one you want, in order to bring up the slider, through which you will be able to minimize the effect of filter.
- There is tab named as Edit present at the screen's bottom, which can also be used to edit further aspects, if you want to, of the video or photo, such as Contrast and Brightness
Tap on Next, which is present at the screen's top-right corner.
Step 7: Adding the Caption
- Tap on the field of text, present at the screen's top and then type the caption of your choice
Step 8: Tap on Share
- This option is present at the right corner on the top of screen. By clicking on it, you will be able to post the video or photo on Instagram.
- This video or photo will appear on Instagram's home page feed. Those who are following you will also be able to see it.