Antwerp– Belgium-based tech festival SuperNova presents a remarkable ‘for VCs by VCs’ scale-up pitching track. As one of the organizers of SuperNova, Scale-Ups.eu – an ecosystem focused on accelerating the growth of European scale-ups – is curating this two-day “Best of Europe” deep pocket investor program, working exclusively with its internationally-recognized VC partners.
SuperNova positions its investor program as one of the most relevant later-stage investor events with a well-curated line-up of 50 pitching high-potential scale-ups from all over Europe. SuperNova aims to welcome 150+ international later-stage investors at its exclusive investor pitching track.
SuperNova has the ambition of becoming the most relevant growth venturing event in Europe. European scale-ups platform Scale-Ups.eu assessed hundreds of companies along with its partner VCs such as powerhouse Jerusalem Venture Partners, global VC Runa Capital, and European key players such as Idinvest, Fortino, Prime, HPE Growth, Columbia Lake, SmartfinCapital and Volta. In addition, SuperNova works closely with imec, Europe’s biggest and a world-leading R&D hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies, to reach out to its wide tech network across Europe and its Russian counterpart, the Skolkovo Foundation, Russia’s leading innovation center.
“We have been working hard behind the scenes with our partner VCs to nominate a solid line-up of 50 high-growth ‘hidden gems’ from all across Europe. SuperNova’s investor track has become a powerful pan-European VC collaboration, with Scale-Ups.eu facilitating the collaboration among our partners VCs to nominate only the best of the best, top-tier companies. This way, we enable such a true deal flow catalyst.” says Bruno Vandegehuchte, Lead of SuperNova Investor Pitching Track from Scale-Ups.eu.
“The goal of SuperNova Investor Pitching program is to match international funding with successful European scale-ups that are ready to grow further. By bringing together growth-stage scale-ups and VCs & investors at SuperNova for two days, Scale-Ups.eu succeeds in squeezingtime and enabling growth for the key players in our ecosystem.” concludes Jurgen Ingels, founder of Scale-Ups.eu.
All companies selected have an annual recurring revenue of at least 3 million euros and an average annualized growth in employees or turnover that is far above 50%. Each growth company will have 10 minutes to pitch its solutions, results and ambitions. They will be represented by two senior profiles to have in-depth meetings with 150+ international ‘big fish’ later stage VCs such as 8 Roads, Accel, Columbia Lake Partners, Dawn, Fortino, Idinvest, Inven, Jerusalem Venture Partners, Microsoft Ventures, Partech, Prime, Runa Capital, Skolkovo Ventures, Sofina, Summit, Vitruvian, Volta, Xpand, and many more.
During the breaks, investors can invite scale-ups to 1-on-1 meetings to gain a deeper understanding of the investment opportunities. All investors will also receive a brochure containing company information and contact information to all pitching companies. SuperNova guarantees relevant introductions and offers all scale-ups and investors access to the conference track with leading insights from experts such as Ray Kurzweil, one of the world’s leading inventors and futurists, Seth Godin, global best-selling author and the founders of Shazam and Twitter, to name a few.
Unique scale-ups selection approach: for VCs by VCs
The 50 ’best of the best’ European growth companies are handpicked by the organizer Scale-Ups.eu and their internationally-recognized VC fund partners.
SuperNova’s selecting VCs include:
- Columbia Lake Partners is an experienced team of investors providing growth loans to European technology companies. In prior roles, it has extended credit and managed portfolio relationships of greater than £300 million to over 100 companies such as Showpad, Falcon.io, BrightPearl and Ampliance.
- Fortino Capital invests in digital and applied technology in the Benelux. Fortino Capital is a key player in Europe with high growth successes such as Aproplan, Piesync, Bloomon, Teamleader and TrendMiner. Fortino co-curates the Benelux companies for SuperNova.
- HPE Growth Capital (“HPE”) is focused on growth capital investments in technology companies throughout Northern Europe, with an emphasis on Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. HPE’s portfolio companies have grown at an average of 45% annually and since its investments, more than 800 new jobs have been created within its portfolio companies. HPE co-curates the North European companies for SuperNova.
- Idinvest Partners is a pan-European private equity manager focused on the low and middle market segments. With over six billion euros under management, the company has expertise in equity investments in buyout deals, as well as primary and secondary investments accross Europe. Portfolio includes: Clear2Pay, BlaBlaCar, Meetic, Deezer and many more. Paris based Idinvest co-curates the French companies for SuperNova.
- JVP is Israel’s leading $ 1.2 billion fund, ranked several times by Preqin as one of ten of the world’s most consistent performing VC companies.
- Prime Ventures is a leading venture capital and growth equity firm focused on investing in European companies in the technology and related industries. Prime invested in more than 50 companies since it started its operations in 1999 such as ZipDial, Falcon.io, Almotive, DealersDirect, TakeAway.com, Tripaneer a.o. Prime co-curates scale-ups from Netherlands for SuperNova.
- Runa Capital is a technology-focused venture capital firm whose investments have created or incubated companies with more than $10B in assets. Runa invests in software applications and infrastructure for the new economy. From Acumatica to Nginx to Zopa, Runa invested in over 60 companies in 12 different countries. Runa co-curates the scale-ups from Eastern Europe for SuperNova.
- SmartFin Capitalis a lean independent private equity fund targeting smart technologies with a special focus on Financial Technologies. SmartFin Capital has invested in MariaDB, Silverfin and Materialise (NASDAQ: MTLS), among many others… Smartfin co-curates the Benelux companies for SuperNova.
- Volta Ventures is a venture capital firm that offers seed & early stage VC for internet & software companies in the Benelux. Volta co-curates the Benelux companies for SuperNova.
SuperNova also has the full support of Belgian Venture Capital Association (BVA) to warmly welcome international guest investors.
“JVP is proud to partner with SuperNova. SuperNova bridges all key players from the European tech scene with lots of exciting companies and key VCs. We are convinced that the delegation of Israeli tech scale-ups that will attend SuperNova will strengthen the business relationship of our regions. We’re looking forward.”says Uri Adoni, JVP Venture Partner.
Early bird investor passes are available until June 30.