Headquartered at 25 Tran Hung Dao street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, SEABANK is known as one of the top 10 leading commercial joint stock banks in Vietnam in terms of scale of charter capital, distribution network, brand awareness and growth rate.
Incorporated in 1994, with initially modest charter capital of VND5 billion, SEABANK has braved its way throughout 18 years of development to advance to today’s great shape with VND5,335 billion charter capital, over VND100 trillion assets and a distribution network of 155 branches and transaction offices nationwide.
With aspiration of becoming a prominent retail bank in Vietnam, SEABANK provides a variety of banking products and services to serve diversified needs of individual customers, SMEs and large corporations.
Partnering with strategic shareholders, both home and abroad, is the Bank’s strategic enabler:
- SociétéGénérale, a leading banking and finance corporation in France and Europe, has become its foreign strategic shareholder since 2008. With 150 years of global banking experience and expertise, SociétéGénérale has contributed tremendous changes in assisting SEABANK to fast track on its retail-oriented strategy.
- VMS-Mobifone – Vietnam’s leading telecom corporation
- PVGas – Vietnam’s leading liquefied petroleum corporation
SEABANK prides itself as the most innovative retail bank with the application of T24 Temenoscore banking system, marking its leading position in top 5 commercial joint stock banks in Vietnam ICT Index listing. With its profound hi-tech platform, SEABANK has launched its numerous diversified and modern services namely as Internet banking, Mobile banking, SMS banking, Call Centre. The Bank’s innovation strength is boundlessly attributed to its product and service portfolio which result from many business activities such as:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- joining membership to the world 2 leading card organisions – Visa and MasterCard, being the first bank in Vietnam that applies EMV chip security for bank cards and establishing its card connectivity to millions of ATM and POS machines worldwide;
- being the first runner to accept POS payment via 6 leading international brands including Visa, MatserCard, CUP, Amex, JCB, Diners Club
- becoming authorized agent of Western Union – the world renowned money transfer company;
- launching the first and most modern autobank system with full fledged remote banking service (cash deposit, cash withdrawal, FCY-VND exchange, multimedia data enquiry, internet banking, call centre);
- launching the first-ever-in-market School Branch, a unique training facility with real-life built-in transaction banking model to provide professional training for the Bank’s staff
- SEABANK’s achievements have been recognized with a number of awards, both local and international, marking significant milestones in the Bank’s heritage:
- Third-class Labour Medal awarded in 2012 by honorary President of Vietnam for its contribution to the nation’s economic development during 2007-2011
- Appreciation Merits awarded in consecutive years by Vietnam Prime Minister and State Bank Governor for its tremendous contribution to the renovation and capacity building of Vietnam SMEs
- The High Straight Through-Rate for Payment Processing awarded by Wells Fargo, HSBC, Citibank from 2007 to 2012
- International Arch of European Award for Quality and Excellence awarded by Business Initiative Directions, Germany, in 2011 and 2012
- Most Prestigious ASEAN Brand 2012, awarded by Inter-Ministerial Trade of Laos and Vietnam
- Strongest Brand Award in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 voted by Vietnam Economic Times readership
- With its advanced technology platform, SEABANK is committed to continuing its investment in product and service quality and diversified banking solutions to meet the increasing expectation of customers, enterprises and shareholders from a prominent retail bank.