Connect with us




By Diana Alvin

If you are earning over 100,000 pounds a year or have residential/commercial properties, then you must hire an accountant to do your taxes.

Do you have a real estate company? Do you have several rental properties in residential or commercial sector? If your answer to any of these questions is a yes, then it is the right time that you hire an accountant for your property. PropertyAccountants work for real estate companies, individuals and property management firms, maintaining their financial records, conducting reviews, audits and overseeing other changes in asset management. If you are wondering whether or not you should hire an accountant to do your taxes, then read on to know.

Hire a property accountant in following situations-

You have a real estate company

Diana Alvin

Diana Alvin

If you have a real estate company in residential or commercial sector, you need to hire an accountant to do your taxes. Ideally, an accountant would provide comprehensive property tax advices, planning and consultancy services. S/he will also offer information regarding stamp duty land tax and undeclared rental income through land. These accountants specialize in showing real estate as depreciating to help you minimize taxes.

You want to sell your property

If you want to sell properties, then hiring an accountant could be beneficial. As a professional, a property accountant will help minimize your taxes on the gains you make from selling your property. At the same time, he use would a like-kind exchange reduce your taxes.

Property management firm

If you have a property management firm, then having an accountant can provide you holding structures and selling advice. The accountant will also plan, advice and do proper registrations for different properties.

You aren’t a resident of UK

Non-domicile who undertake property development services in the UK should choose a property accountant to minimize UK taxes and buy or sell property in accordance to national laws. These consultants will not just plan your taxes, they will also file papers and help in expanding your businesses.

You have rental properties

If you have several properties given away on rental basis, then you certainly need an accountant. He will maintain financial records of your capitalized equipment and real estate, overseeing any and every change in asset management, including new purchases, new rentals. The accountant will also conduct periodic reviews and audits for your company ensuring that the tenant records are well mentioned and every invoice for rent, utilities, maintenance or repairs is crafted beforehand.

Briefly stating, a property accountant should be hired if you have more than two properties as an individual, if you rent your properties or if you have your own real estate company. An accountant will generate reports on your assets, minimize all kinds of taxes and manage collections and payments to ensure that you don’t have to worry about property management.

While choosing an accountant, prefer someone who has appropriate knowledge and experience in the field. It is recommended that the accountant should also have secondary skills, such as advanced computer knowledge, information regarding federal laws and experience with property or asset management software.

Editorial & Advertiser disclosure
Our website provides you with information, news, press releases, Opinion and advertorials on various financial products and services. This is not to be considered as financial advice and should be considered only for information purposes. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or applicability of any information provided with respect to your individual or personal circumstances. Please seek Professional advice from a qualified professional before making any financial decisions. We link to various third party websites, affiliate sales networks, and may link to our advertising partners websites. Though we are tied up with various advertising and affiliate networks, this does not affect our analysis or opinion. When you view or click on certain links available on our articles, our partners may compensate us for displaying the content to you, or make a purchase or fill a form. This will not incur any additional charges to you. To make things simpler for you to identity or distinguish sponsored articles or links, you may consider all articles or links hosted on our site as a partner endorsed link.
Global Banking and Finance Review Awards Nominations 2022
2022 Awards now open. Click Here to Nominate


Newsletters with Secrets & Analysis. Subscribe Now