- OperationalisesBlockchain to deliver more value with tighter coupling to the enterprise
- Provides access to, visibility into, and action on Blockchain apps
- Enables real-time monitoring and analytics of Blockchain transactions and events
- Framework enriches functionality of blockchain applications
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today announced the availability of next generation Digital Business Platform capabilities that enable financial institutions to operationaliseblockchain by gaining greater integration of, visibility into, and action upon public/private blockchain applications.
Once an organisation has decided on the blockchainapplication that suits its business, the next step is to move it out of the incubator and tightly incorporate it within its enterprise applications.
Financial services organisations globally are investigating the benefits of using blockchain, but few are thinking beyond the perfect use case. Once they have decided on the blockchain application that suits their business, the next step is to move it out of its ‘test incubator’ where it was being proven, and tightly incorporate it within their enterprise applications.
Nigel Farmer, Industry Director for Capital Markets at Software AG, noted: “That is where the fun starts; making blockchain applications work in the real world is as much of a challenge as building the blockchain application itself.”
Organisations implementing blockchain do not want to add additional IT “spaghetti” on top of their existing technology infrastructure. They must be able to rapidly and seamlessly use blockchain to gain the advantages of the technology immediately without having to run complex, costly and lengthy re-architecting programs.
Interoperability of blockchain within an enterprise requires an intelligent blockchain access layer. The Software AG Digital Business Platform provides:
- A blockchain access layer that seamlessly integrates blockchain with legacy technology for interoperability;
- The ability to correlate and validate data, and apply business context going into blockchain;
- Governance and security to enterprise or industry-wide blockchains;
- Event processing and data aggregation for complete visibility on- and off- chain activities;
- Monitoring, exception management and alerting of blockchain events;
- Overlay service layer to enrich functionality of blockchain apps.
Farmer concluded: “Many organisations developing prototypes are focused fully on the blockchain use case, and haven’t begun to think about what it means to put it into production. Software AG’s Digital Business Platform not only provides the necessary infrastructure, but enables them to operationalise this disruptive technology rapidly without disrupting the business and existing IT infrastructure.”
Blockchain technology is poised to change financial services dramatically. But organisations must ensure that their infrastructure can support it. This is possible with the use of Software AG’s Digital Business Platform.