Paris (France), November 6, 2015 – Gameloft, a leading digital and social game developer, releases its sales figures for the first nine months of 2015.
“The company’s growth momentum has remained high during the third quarter of 2015. Sustained by the solid performance of our game services and the regular releases of new titles since the start of the year, Gameloft’s sales figures have climbed 14%. It’s a very satisfactory performance that highlights the excellent work of our teams and the quality of our franchises,” states Michel Guillemot, CEO of Gameloft. “We are also maintaining a steady pace in the diversification of the company’s revenue, demonstrated by the rapid development of our advertising agency Gameloft Advertising Solutions and the releases of two of our flagship brands, Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter, on Apple TV. Gameloft has a massive audience, strong brands, solid recurring revenues, growth opportunities ahead and a healthy financial situation. We therefore continue to look to the future with confidence,” concludes Michel Guillemot.
Selected Financial Highlights and Metrics
- Sales reached €190.7 million for the first nine months of 2015, up 14% year on year, and up 6% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- EMEA accounted for 30% of sales for the first nine months of 2015; North America, 27%; APAC, 28%; and LATAM, 15%.
- Third-quarter sales reached €63.3 million, up 14% year on year, and up 6% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- Monthly active users averaged 173 million for the third quarter, an annual increase of 6%.
- Daily active users averaged 22 million for the third quarter, an annual increase of 12%.
Selected Product Highlights
- For the first nine months of 2015, Gameloft was ranked the top game developer in the world on iOS and Google Play by the combined number of games downloaded, according to the rankings from App Annie.
- Gameloft’s own franchises and brands accounted for almost two thirds of sales for the first nine months of 2015.
- Release of two of its most successful franchises, Asphalt® and Dungeon Hunter™, on the new Apple TV®. Asphalt 8: Airborne™ and Dungeon Hunter 5™ are the first Gameloft games to fully harness the unique capacities of Apple TV® and offer a stunning game experience on a large screen. Asphalt 8: Airborne is currently ranked third for the most downloaded Apple TV game in the United States.
- Gameloft has released eleven new titles since the beginning of 2015: Dragon Mania Legends®, Puzzle Pets, Immortal Odyssey™, Age of Sparta™, Dungeon Hunter 5, Battle Odyssey™, Ice Age® Avalanche, Magna Memoria®, Siegefall®, March of Empires™ and Order & Chaos 2: Redemption™.
- Dragon Mania Legends, Dungeon Hunter 5, Siegefall, March of Empires, and Order & Chaos 2: Redemption are currently among the company’s best-selling titles.
- Gameloft Advertising Solutions has just recently expanded its product line with the addition of two new advertising formats: VBAN and M-INT. In total the company offers 12 distinct advertising formats deployed in 35 games.
- In addition to its 12 advertising formats, Gameloft Advertising Solutions enhanced its available targeting options (age, gender, mobile device, and in-game surveys) with new functionalities: geolocation, which pinpoints the geographic location of the user and allows the delivery of targeted content and the analysis of mobile purchasing to define specific consumer profiles (users who travel, users who shop online, movie fans, etc.).
Financial and Business Outlook
Gameloft expects to release at least 4 new titles in the fourth quarter of 2015 and to continue to regularly launch new games throughout 2016 including Disney Magic Kingdoms, one of its potential blockbusters. Additionally, the strong performances of many of the game services released in 2015 should continue to sustain sales growth in the coming year.
The company aims to accelerate the transition from the current business model to a model combining free-to-play and advertising. To do so, Gameloft has created an internal advertising agency that not only has higher potential revenues than external agencies but also offers a better service level to users and brand advertisers. Gameloft has also begun to connect programmatically its inventory to the trading desks of major agencies and brands.
The Group’s 2015 sales will be published on January 28, 2016, after the market closes.