RSD, a provider of enterprise-grade software solutions, has today announced the launch of z/Trim, a platform to facilitate mainframe modernisation by leveraging analytics. Designed to enable organisations to optimise their mainframe usage, z/Trim delivers live data insights to support intelligence-driven business decisions.
The solutions, z/Trim Operations Analytics and z/Trim Data Provider, are built on the z/Trim platform and enable mainframe modernisation through analytics for better decision-making.
z/Trim Operations Analytics is designed to visualise the consumption of any applications running on the mainframe in one click via a web interface, using Angular technology, compatible with modern browsers and mobile devices. Hosted on a distributed platform, it enables users to save over 30% of the costs of their legacy mainframe performance analysis solution. Resulting benefits include:
- Cost savings: By freeing up capacity and enabling users to effectively judge which non-critical applications they can move off the mainframe to open systems platforms in order to reduce their mainframe consumption
- Optimised competences: Countering the decrease of available mainframe expertise, z/Trim Operations Analytics creates comprehensive and business-oriented reports that can be easily understood
- Affordability: Available on freemium and monthly subscription model, z/Trim has been designed to be an affordable option for organisations
z/Trim Data Provider is an easy-to-use and non-intrusive application enabling mainframe applications data to be transferred to analytics repositories, such as Hadoop, Elasticsearch and Splunk. The transfer is done through a secure channel within a few seconds, without consuming mainframe resources. By doing so, Business Intelligence teams can leverage the mainframe applications data for automated fraud detection, marketing campaigns, security audits and are able to provide insights to the business. z/Trim Data Provider enables benefits such as:
- Cost savings: By processing data on an open system platform without consuming mainframe resources
- Guarantees security and QoS: z/Trim Data Provider leverages the SMF mechanism for data transfer to ensure the security and the QoS of the mainframe and the applications
- Provides easy mainframe access: Business Intelligence teams can easily access the data, enabling better informed strategic business decisions
- Affordability: z/Trim Data Provider is available to organisations through an attractive and affordable monthly subscription
“z/Trim has been designed to help reconnect the dialogue between the IT team and business leaders within major organisations. Our objective is to help our customers to take better strategic business decisions and realise significant cost savings through mainframe modernisation.”
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Commenting on the launch, François-Xavier Floren, CEO of RSD.