UK expansion driven by innovative linguistic-powered customer service technology
Global multichannel customer interaction software company Eptica announced record financial results. 2013 saw turnover increase by 18% to $10.6m (£6.5m), underpinned by growing demand for its innovative, linguistic-powered customer interaction software. This is significantly higher than the overall global software market, which had a predicted 2013 growth rate of just 5.7%, according to analysts IDC. Available in 26 languages, Eptica’s Enterprise Suite transforms customer service by applying linguistics and natural language processing across all digital channels.
Within the UK, Eptica strengthened its operations and increased its customer base. It joined the UK Government’s G-Cloud programme, making it simple and seamless for public sector organisations to buy its cloud-based software, and announced new customers including Hastings Direct, Mind Candy/Moshi Monsters, Service Birmingham and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICEAW). 35% of global revenues now come from the UK.
During 2013, the company launched Eptica Enterprise Suite 9.0, reinforcing its reputation for technological innovation. The suite uses linguistic search, automatic language detection and context-based sentiment analysis across all incoming emails, online questions and social media messages. The software enables businesses to harness the power of linguistics to achieve operational excellence, increase satisfaction and deepen customer engagement.
Globally, Eptica now has 410 customers in 15 countries, signing L’Occitane, Transilien SNCF, Accor, DTAC Thailand, Singapore Land Transport & Authority and Singtel in 2013.
“This has been a record year for Eptica, with revenues breaking the $10 million mark for the first time. Our growth is being driven by the increasing need for our innovative technology across the globe and in every sector,” said Olivier Njamfa, CEO, Eptica. “Essentially, customers are demanding more, across an expanding range of channels. Organisations need to respond efficiently to this enormous increase in interactions, if they are to win and retain customer loyalty. The launch of Eptica Enterprise Suite 9.0, powered by our linguistic technology, delivers the perfect platform to transform omni channel customer service by automating processing and delivering deep consumer insight. We look forward to working with our customers in 2014 to extend our technological innovation and deliver the superior experience that their consumers are looking for.”
Eptica has ambitious plans for 2014, including:
- Entering the African market, which is growing rapidly, driven by the increasing use of mobile technologies.
- Continued expansion in Asia where the company already has ten customers, and partners in Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.
- Enabling closer collaboration between customer service and marketing teams, using linguistic technology to provide insight for Voice of the Customer programmes, through a 360 degree view of the customer journey.
- Investing 35% of its operating budget in research and development, with a focus on linguistics, to ensure Eptica continues to lead the market for innovation.
- Maintain double digit revenue growth.