- Inglenook Inns & Taverns has acquired a portfolio of 11 freehold and long-leasehold pubs across theNorth West of England
- The Lancashire-based pub company boasts a managed portfolio of over 20 pubs on behalf of national and regional breweries
- The deal serves as a championing placement for IW Capital, launched as one of the primary opportunities to drive its recently launched debt arm
- The managed house pub company has also announced its entry into the Free Trade arena, and will look to acquire additional freehold sites in 2017
- IW Capital structured and provided the debt funding requirement for the acquisition, working with the equity provider,Breal Capital Affiliates
- IW Capital will be managing the loan on behalf of lenders for the duration of the loan facility
Pub management group Inglenook Inns & Taverns has successfully secured a £1.65 million loan through IW Capital to support its acquisition of a portfolio of well-established, “free of tie” pubs, located across the North West of England. The loan, alongside an equity injection from Breal represents the latest funding round for Inglenook Inns & Taverns to grow and consolidate its regional presence.
Since 2013, Inglenook has focussed upon growing its managed services offering working with national and regional ‘majors’, including Punch, Greene King and Robinsons. In parallel, its subsidiary, Ignition Pub Management, continues to serve as a leading management services provider for units that are underperforming or at risk of closure. Inglenook is committed to using the Ignition business to drive the Free trade and existing managed portfolio as further suitable opportunities are identified.
Inglenook’s success is based around the exceptional level of service that is offered by a passionate team who take genuine pride in their work.
With 20 managed outlets currently positioned in Inglenook’s existing portfolio, the funding secured through IW Capital comes at a pivotal point for the company. It has enabled Inglenook to implement its long-term expansion strategy through this acquisition of eleven community pubs that already exhibit healthy consumer demand, and has simultaneously facilitated the company’s diversification into “tied” ownership, where it will look to grow, as suitably attractive assets are identified.
IW Capital successfully structured the loan for Inglenook on behalf of its investors, and will be managing the loan on their behalf. Following the successful launch of its debt arm, IW Capital has developed the loan in keeping with its long-term initiative to support regional scale-ups through both private equity and debt based investment.
Managing Director of Inglenook Inns & Taverns, James Waddington, said:
“IIT Group & BREAL have enjoyed working with IWCapital and have found their approach to be flexible and helpful throughout the deal process. We look forward to future acquisitions with IW Capital.”
CEO of IW Capital, Luke Davis, said:
“As IW Capital celebrates the launch of its new debt offering, I am excited to be supporting a champion of regional business growth, reflecting our underlying commitment to the strength of nationwide entrepreneurship. We are proud to support James and his team who bring a wealth of experience to the table. I’m keen to support Inglenook on their journey.”