CipherCloud for Box solution delivers an additional level of security for cloud content sharing
London, UK; 25 Feb. 2013 – Today CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, introduced CipherCloud for Box to extend data privacy, residency, security and regulatory controls to organisations using Box’s content collaboration platform.
Despite explosive growth in the cloud content and collaboration market and its evident advantages to productivity and cost efficiencies, information protection requirements continue to be the primary hurdle for enterprise adoption.
The CipherCloud for Box solution delivers data loss prevention to scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive organisational information, providing an additional level of security and control for business collaboration and content sharing on Box.
Mutual customers – particularly organisations in the financial services, healthcare, e-commerce and technology sectors – can leverage this solution to meet industry compliance mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, PIPEDA, ITAR and EU Data Protection.
This is enabled via the CipherCloud Open Platform, which provides cloud information protection, encryption, malware detection and cloud user activity auditing for organisations to securely adopt cloud applications.
“Our collaboration with Box supports our vision for building trust in the cloud by eliminating concerns about security and regulatory compliance” said Pravin Kothari, Founder & CEO of CipherCloud. “Together, Box and CipherCloud are taking information protection to the next level, giving companies the confidence to embrace popular commercial cloud applications anywhere, anytime, and realise the cost savings and efficiencies they bring.”
“As the enterprise choice for content collaboration in the cloud, we have always taken our customers’ security and compliance concerns seriously,” said Whitney Bouck, general manager of Enterprise at Box. “This integration with CipherCloud extends additional information protection controls to customers while preserving the usability and functionality that sets Box apart from other cloud content solutions.”
The product will be demonstrated at the CipherCloud booth (# 556) at the 2013 RSA Security Conference 25 February – 1 March at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
CipherCloud for Box
CipherCloud delivers protection to sensitive information in the cloud through a groundbreaking technology that enables organisationsto securely adopt cloud applications. CipherCloud’s technology protects information in real time, before it’s sent to the cloud, using operations-preserving technology that does not impact usability or the application functionality.
Key Benefits of CipherCloud for Box
For organisations, the solution contains many advanced information protection capabilities based on an open security platform.
● Enforce Data Loss Prevention: Set custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document, providing an additional level of security and control
● Deliver Malware Detection: Screen information exchanges including user uploaded attachments for virus, malware and other embedded threats
● Provide Activity Monitoring: Use security dashboards to control user activities based on security policies to prevent data loss caused by downloading confidential content
● Retain Usability and Functionality: Preserve the user experience, functionality and performance of Box through the desktop client, web browser, and mobile device
● Leverage Existing Infrastructure: CipherCloud Open Platform can integrate with deployed DLP solutions such as Symantec and McAfee to leverage existing DLP policies
● Use one Gateway for All Cloud Applications: Support all leading cloud applications through the CipherCloud gateway including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, AWS, Box and many others; use Connect AnyApp and Connect Database to enable IT teams to support any cloud application or database in hours
CipherCloud is the leader in cloud information protection with more than 1.2 million users and more than 100 million protected customer records around the globe. CipherCloud’s 256-bit encryption gateways secure data in the cloud and put control of the encryption keys in the hands of the customer, ensuring that organisations retain control over data in transit and at rest in the cloud.
Global Banking & Finance Review
Why waste money on news and opinions when you can access them for free?
Take advantage of our newsletter subscription and stay informed on the go!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Global Banking & Finance Review │ Banking │ Finance │ Technology. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Top Stories3 days ago
Nestle misses sales estimates as price hikes deter shoppers
Top Stories4 days ago
Citigroup raises CEO Jane Fraser’s 2023 pay by 6% to $26 million
Top Stories4 days ago
Asian shares ease as early rate cut bets fizzle, focus on Fed minutes
Top Stories4 days ago
UK employers offer smaller pay rises at start of 2024, XpertHR survey shows