organisations requirements to incorporate a significantly wider range of payment types into everyday business the challenge facing the finance industry is enormous.
With this market knowledge and understanding of customer requirements BeMac Payments developed PayGate, an intelligent payments processing gateway that provides future proof payment processing. PayGate is designed to meet the payment processing needs of small, growing and multinational, private and public sector organisations. It achieves a future proof solution by utilising a modular approach where new payment modules can be ‘plugged-in’ to enable the payment of choice. This flexible approach covers payment gateways and payment processing options.
“PayGate is the payments system that forward-looking organisations have been asking us for,” noted BeMac Payments Managing Director, Peter Alderson. “As the market moves towards the incorporation of a significantly wider range of payment types into everyday business, organisations need a single, intelligent payment gateway which can securely access a variety of different payment schemes and seamlessly accommodate future growth and expansion,” he added.
Designed to integrate and operate within an organisation’s existing IT infrastructure, PayGate is format-independent, so can accept data of multiple input and collection formats, in bulk or otherwise. PayGate will then convert the data into the correct format for that payment scheme, whether SEPA, Faster Payments, SWIFT or others. Any, as yet unspecified, future payment standards can simply be added as PayGate Plus Modules, providing true future proofing, support for legacy payment systems and worldwide payment integration.
The latest modules released further enhance the range of capabilities of PayGate’s real-time payments processing. These new PayGate Plus Modules will provide PayGate users with two additional integrated services: Validate, providing real-time data validation, and e-Post electronic document delivery.
- PayGate Plus Validate has three components: Validate for Payments, Validate ID and Validate API. Validate for Payments is a real-time data validation service for electronic payments. Using Validate you can quickly and easily validate UK domestic and European payment data such as account numbers, credit card numbers, BICs, and IBANs.
Validate can also be used to ID Check individuals to help you meet your Direct Debit obligations and reduce payment fraud. Validate also gives you access to a rich stream of company information including access to accounts and directors reports.
- PayGate Plus e-Post performs fast and efficient e-document distribution (EDD) with invoices, remittances, purchase orders and statements produced and securely delivered at the touch of a button. It works by retrieving the data extracted from third party applications, such as an accounts package, (which can be scheduled automatically) and then translates this data into an electronic document, based on a user-specified layout and format, such as a purchase order or invoice.
PayGate then routes the document to the required recipient, using either the application’s address book, or your third party application to provide delivery details. The HTML, PDF or TIF document is then sent via email, fax, print or file transfer. PayGate can also incorporate optional EDI capabilities and supports all the current financial message standards.
EDI communications can be sent and received by PayGate and any incoming messages can be redefined for integration back into your third party applications.
Validate and e-Post join the existing portfolio of PayGate Plus Modules which include:
- PayGate Server – a secured hardware unit which acts as an electronic safe, continually protecting sensitive payment
- BACS Direct Debit – submits and processes Direct Debit instructions with full reporting analysis of Rejected direct debit instructions, Unpaid direct debits, Amendments and cancellations to existing direct debit and limits the cost of dealing with Indemnity Claims
- Faster Payments Global Payments – a single transaction gateway, enabling payment management which supports Direct Corporate Access (DCA), Faster Payments Service (FPS), SEPA, NACHA and SWIFT
- Single Payment Entry – a template based solution that allows individual payments
- Beneficiary Account Management – allows beneficiary creation and authorisation
- Lights Out HSM Operation – full, scheduled, automated, unattended, operation
- Multi-Bank Bureau – supporting up to 20 additional bank groups.
- Multi-Client Bureau – unlimited user management
- S/MIME Security & SFTP File Transfer – supporting full secure data transmission
“The payment solutions marketplace is primarily characterised by long-established offerings, none of which have been specifically designed to cater for both existing and future payment requirements,” added BeMac Payment Services Manager, John Doyle. “PayGate not only meets the needs of organisations today, but provides a simple growth path and the flexibility to add new PayGate Plus Modules as needed.”
BeMac has been providing payment gateway systems for over 30 years and has worked with its leading customers to develop the PayGate family which comprises: PayGate Online, a cloud-based bureau service ideal for smaller customers, plus those wishing to run separate payroll processing and as a disaster recovery and business continuity service; PayGate BACS, ideal for small to medium sized organisations requiring a UK only payments processing capability and PayGate Enterprise, designed for multi-site, multi-company, multi-currency, multi-application payment operations.
About BeMac Payments:
BeMac Payments, a Barron McCann company, provides secure payment solutions to corporates, governments, professional service firms and the retail industry worldwide. The company has worked with over 3,000 leading organisations over the last 20 years helping them to efficiently and cost-effectively manage a myriad of data sources, payment types and transaction requirements. BeMac Payments is a member of the Payments Council of the UK, an authorised partner of SWIFT. BeMac Payments is headquartered in the UK. For more information, visit www.bemac.com