14 November 2019 | Inmarsat, London
Join the Institute of Risk Management for the 10th annual Risk Leaders Conference. This year’s theme is ‘a Decade of Discovery and Disruption’ which will explore the real issues facing the risk management profession and how they have changed in the last 10 years. Through keynote presentations and panel discussions, we’ll also examine some of the cutting edge thinking that is emerging across the world.
Keynote presenters for this year include:
- Jim Winters, Managing Director, Global Fraud Management, Barclays
- John Scott, Head of Security Education, Bank of England
- Robert J Trent PhD, Professor of Supply Chain Management, Lehigh University, USA
WIRED Smarter 2020
A virtual conference
WIRED Smarter – WIRED’s annual business conference – explores the trends, technology and innovation changing the way we work, and investigates how senior executives can use this disruption as part of their growth strategy.
WIRED’s annual business conference – explores the trends, technology and innovation changing the way we work, and investigates how senior executives can use this disruption as part of their growth strategy. Curated by WIRED’s award-winning editorial team, the programme addresses talent, economics, design, diversity and artificial intelligence – and drills into industry-specific challenges and opportunities within the retail and money sectors.
2020 confirmed speakers include:
- Zahra Bahrololoumi, Senior Managing Director – Technology, Accenture
- Karina Govindji, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion EMEA, Google*
- David Vélez, Co-Founder and CEO, Nubank
- Anne Boden, Founder and CEO, Starling Bank
- Sarah Kocianski, Head of Research, 11:FS
- Dale Vince, Founder, Ecotricity
- Noorena Hertz, Economist & Author, The Lonely Century
- Shelly Bell, Founder, Black Girl Ventures
- Louise Beaumont, Chair, TechUK
- Hiroki Takeuchi, Co-founder and CEO, GoCardless
Global Banking and Finance Review members receive 10% off with discount code GBFR10
This is a Sponsored Feature
Reuters Events Free Webinar – The Impact of The Pandemic On Executive Compensation
Glass Lewis, CGLytics and the Council of Institutional Investors Identify Equity Portfolio Exposure to Governance Risks
Join Reuters Events free webinar on Wednesday 7th October (10:00 ET/15:00 BST): Glass Lewis, CGLytics and the Council of Institutional Investors identify equity portfolio exposure to governance risks: The impact of the pandemic on executive compensation.
To stay ahead of the market, ‘Asset Owners’ and ‘Asset Managers’ must increase engagement with topics, such as incentive plans, to ensure they are socially responsible and aligned with performance.
Expert speakers include:
- Andrew Gebelin, Vice President of Research, Engagement and Stewardship, Glass Lewis
- Glenn Davis, Deputy Director, Council of Institutional Investors
- Aniel Mahabier, CEO, CGLytics
Our expert speakers provide exclusive insights on:
- How to benchmark your portfolio companies’ executive compensation practices
- Why companies pay-for-performance is still misaligned, even after they have taken pay cuts this year
- ESG in incentive plans; how to link to variable pay
- How to identify executive compensation risks in your portfolio and ensure good investments decisions are made
- The impact of equity requests on your portfolio; how to perform bench marking of stock-based compensation plan costs and evaluate risks of share dilution.
Reuters Events has recently been launched, after FC Business Intelligence was acquired as part of the Reuters News and Media Division of Thomson Reuters October 2019.
For more information about Reuters Events ESG Investments, contact [email protected]
After months of economic uncertainty and volatility, we find ourselves at a crossroads.
With markets in decline and economies around the world heading towards recession, Reuters Events’ Investment Summit (Dec. 2-3) unites financial institutions and investors from around the world to tackle the future of investment at this unprecedented moment.
Combining onstage inspiration with intimate peer-to-peer networking, the two-day flagship will cover four key themes:
- Market Drivers and Outlook: Learn how macroeconomics, geopolitics, China and market volatility have impacted investment outlook and how you can prepare for 2021 and beyond.
- Asset Management Strategies: Go beyond data and learn the methodologies employed by the most successful managers to enhance their understanding of the market and extract financial rewards. Watch out for opportunity identification techniques, industry specific expert takes and great debates.
- Leadership in a New Reality: A deep-dive into how long-term government, regulatory and investment initiatives will drive change for investors around the world.
- Learning from COVID-19: Crisis has created both opportunities and risks. Are you moving fast enough? What does progress look like? Get exclusive insights from industry forerunners, leading asset owners, senior regulators and influential international players as investors look to tackle economic calamity.
As the world comes to term with the events of 2020, this 2 day strategic summit will evaluate the investment community’s response to the current crisis to identify opportunities that lie ahead. We are committed to helping investors on their road to profitability and resilience.
Will covid-19 end the dominance of the big four?
By Campbell Shaw, Head of Bank Partnerships, Cardlytics Across the country, we are readjusting to refreshed restrictions on our daily...
Why cybercriminals have ‘Gone Vishing’ during the COVID-19 Pandemic
More than 215,000 vishing attempts in the last year alone As new coronavirus restrictions look set to confine much of...
Risk Mitigation vs. Risk Avoidance: Why FIs Need to Maintain Risk Appetite and Not Place All Bets on De-Risking
De-risking aims to protect financial institutions from the increasing pressures placed by regulators and threats, associated with clients operating in...
Using AI to identify public sector fraud
When it comes to audits in the public sector, both accountability and transparency are essential. Not only is the public...
Five golden rules of recruitment
Former investment banker and entrepreneur, Connie Nam, discusses five ways in which basing your recruitment process around understanding a candidate’s...
Using data analytics to improve SME cash flow and treasury management
The pressure facing SMEs this year is widely known, and they are looking for ways to improve their cash flow...
Why dependency on SMS OTPs should not be the universal solution
By Chris Stephens, Head of Banking Solutions at Callsign In our day-to-day lives, SMS one-time passwords, also known as OTPs, have...
The chosen one
By Jesse Swash, Co-Founder Design by Structure. The lessons for the future lie in the past. The same truths still hold. This time...
How PR can help franchise businesses emerge stronger from 2020
By Mimi Brown, Head of Entrepreneurs & Business at The PHA Group A second wave of coronavirus is gathering pace...
Cash and digital payments – a balancing act to aid financial inclusion
By Matthew Jackson, Head of Partner Development, EMEA at PPRO The cashless debate is one that continues to spark both conversation...