IDC Financial Insights today announced FIS and IBM top the 2018 IDC FinTech Rankings Top 100 and Enterprise 25 respectively. Now in its 15th year, the annual IDC FinTech Rankings categorize and evaluate technology providers based on calendar year revenues from financial institutions for hardware, software, and/or services. Data is gathered from surveys completed by vendors, as well as original research and market analysis conducted by IDC Financial Insights. Two sets of rankings emerge from this process: IDC FinTech Rankings Top 100 and Top 25 Enterprise.
- The IDC FinTech Rankings Top 100 represents companies that derive more than 1/3 of their revenue from financial institutions.
- The IDC FinTech Rankings Enterprise25 companies are enterprise/horizontal technology firms that provide products and services across multiple industries and have significant reported revenue in the financial services industry, but less than 1/3 of revenue from financial institutions.
To download the list in its entirety, please visit here.
IDC Financial Insights formally recognized the finalists at an invite-only reception on the first day of 2018 Finovate Fall New York. The providers featured on the IDC FinTech Rankings supply the technological backbone of the financial services industry, an industry in which IDC Financial Insights forecasts worldwide spending on IT across the globe to reach half a trillion dollars by 2020. To learn more about the rankings and IDC’s continued coverage of the top global providers of financial technology, follow us on Twitter @IDC.
“We are honored to be at the top of this prestigious global rankings as it validates our focused strategy and the investments we continue to make in innovative new solutions that solve critical problems for financial institutions around the world,” said FIS Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Norcross.
The 2018 IDC FinTech Rankings Top 10:
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Fiserv, Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Infosys Limited
- Diebold Nixdorf
- NCR Corporation
- Total System Services, Inc.
- Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
- SS&C Technologies
The 2018 IDC FinTech Rankings Enterprise Top 5:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
“For 15 years we have watched the technology market evolve to support financial institutions around the globe more effectively achieve key business objectives, better serve customers, and serve as the foundation for digital transformation initiatives critical to long term success,” said Karen Massey, research manager, IDC Financial Insights. “We congratulate those featured on the 2018 FinTech Rankings and applaud their continued commitment to serving the needs of today’s financial institutions.”
IDC Financial Insights also revealed the winners of the 2018 Real Results Awards, recognizing IT providers that have enabled a genuine, measurable, and future-enabling change at a client financial institution (bank, capital markets firm, or insurer) in the worldwide financial services industry. Avaloq was named the 2018 Overall Winner for its submission, “Avaloq Powers Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Hub.”
Additional winners include:
- Fiserv: Next-Generation Payments; “Intesa Sanpaolo and Fiserv First with European Instant Payments”
- GFT: Efficiency & Agility; “GFT Collaborates with Deutsche Bank for dbPalace Platform”
- Intellect Design Arena: Treasury & Trade Transformation; “Intellect Design Arena Treasury Transformation at CITI”
- PingAn: Blockchain; “One Connected Account PingAn Insurance”
- Virtusa; Digital Trust & Stewardship; “Mashreq BOT’s Servicing Dubai Police with Virtusa”
For additional information about the IDC FinTech Rankings, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or [email protected]. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact [email protected]; reporters should email [email protected].
Global Banking & Finance Review
Why waste money on news and opinions when you can access them for free?
Take advantage of our newsletter subscription and stay informed on the go!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Global Banking & Finance Review │ Banking │ Finance │ Technology. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Business3 days ago
Leverage the customization revolution to promote your brand
Business4 days ago
Bluprintx strengthens sales and marketing leadership to drive global growth-as-a-service expansion
Top Stories3 days ago
Reconsidering climate risk: a return to valuation fundamentals
Top Stories3 days ago
Britain sets out marketing rules for EU investment funds in the UK