INFINIDAT, the market’s leading independent provider of enterprise-class data storage solutions, today announced the results of a commissioned Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of the company to outline the return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize deploying the InfiniBox® storage system. For the TEI study, Forrester created a composite organization based on interviews with eight INFINIDAT customers which illustrated that with InfiniBox, the composite organization realized an aggregate benefit of $14.3 million in capital expense savings, a payback period of less than six months and an ROI of 125%.
Infographic | The Total Economic ImpactTM of the INFINIDAT InfiniBox Storage Platform
Forrester interviewed eight INFINIDAT customers from different industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, technology and telecommunications. These customers had a total of 65 InfiniBox systems and a combined 19 years experience using the InfiniBox storage platform. InfiniBox and its range of storage capabilities are leveraged to address mission-critical enterprise data problems including consolidated VMware environments; OpenStack private clouds, and emerging big data and analytics workloads supporting next-generation artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) requirements.
INFINIDAT Customers Show Significant Cost Savings with InfiniBox
Additional TEI findings for the composite organization include:
- Capital expense savings, $14.3M. On average the interviewed customers were saving 50 percent by investing in INFINIDAT versus continuing with previous storage investment decisions.
- Downtime cost savings with INFINIDAT, $1.2M. Interviewed customers reported zero unplanned downtime with InfiniBox systems.
- Operational expense alignment savings of $1.5M with Capacity on Demand (CoD) model. INFINIDAT has a flexible pricing model that supports both traditional upfront purchases and flexible storage capacity on demand. InfiniBox systems include capacity for growth, and by leveraging this CoD option organizations pay only for what they use, when they use it.
- Labor savings using INFINIDAT’s tools, $1.3M. Interviewed customers reported labor savings with INFINIDAT tools; e.g., storage administrators are more productive and efficient with InfiniBox than with previous storage systems.
- Power savings benefits, $179,201. Interviewed customers reported significant power and cooling savings over a three-year analysis when comparing previous storage array solutions with InfiniBox systems.
“Enterprises are focused on two major initiatives – digitally transforming their businesses and getting more of out their IT Infrastructure investments,” said Doc D’Errico, Vice President, Office of the CTO and Chief Marketing Officer at INFINIDAT. “This study confirms for us that INFINIDAT accelerates such initiatives by transforming the economics of data storage, while allowing enterprises and Cloud Service Providers to focus more on their business and less on their Infrastructure.”
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Key Customer Challenges and Downtime Cost Savings With INFINIDAT
According to customers interviewed for the TEI study, infrastructure costs, especially previous storage costs, had increased rapidly while performance degraded. After seeing previous storage maintenance costs balloon out of control after the first three to four years, customers expressed the need to improve performance, availability and scalability in future storage investments so they could meet the demands of the business but still keep costs down.
Because storage infrastructure is hypercritical to the operations of any business, any downtime has significant negative business ramifications. To address this need, INFINIDAT’s InfiniBox systems are built with a self-healing architecture designed for 99.99999% (seven nines) availability, which equates to less than 3 seconds of downtime per year.
This commitment to self-healing architecture meant that none of the eight interviewed customers experienced any “unplanned downtime” when Forrester asked them about unplanned downtime with their InfiniBox systems, compared to an average of 30 to 60 minutes of downtime annually with their previous storage solutions. According to a few of the customers interviewed, this downtime would cost them an average of $11,667 per minute, including the cost of unrecoverable business revenue (gross profits).
INFINIDAT | Less Maintenance & Burden on Storage Administrators
The interviewed customer organizations experienced the following benefits, which are not quantified for this study:
- INFINIDAT’s smaller footprint contributed to a customer’s ability to defer expansions of three data centers by two to three years.
- Customers highlighted the higher quality of support received from INFINIDAT with fewer maintenance interactions than previous storage systems.
- Each customer commented on the improved quality of life afforded to storage administrators due to the simplicity and reliability of the INFINIDAT solutions.
Full Forrester Consulting INFINIDAT TEI results can be viewed here. Register here to attend a webinar on the study’s findings on May 31.