It is possible to get the refund of all the purchases made on Steam. You may be looking forward to get the refund for many reasons, such as, it could be due to the fact that your computer was not been able to meet the requirements of hardware, or you might have bought the game not intentionally but by mistake, or you played it for a while and then you didn’t like it. Refund will be issued by the Valve, once the request is placed through help.steampowered.com, irrespective of the reason of refund. Make sure that the request is placed by you within the fourteen days from the date of purchase, also the title should be played less than the two hours.
Refund will be issued to you within one week after getting approval. Refund will be received either through the mode from which you made the payment, or it will come to the Steam Wallet funds. If in case, refund is not issued by Steam through the method of payment opted by you then the full amount will be credited in the Steam Wallet. There are chances that the payment methods that are available with Steam didn’t support the refunding through the initial payment methods, so in that cases refund goes to the Steam Wallet.
Steps to apply for Refund
- Go to the Support page of Steam through this link, https://help.steampowered.com/en/.
- Then sign in to the account created by you in Steam and then tap on the option of Purchases.
- By doing this you will be redirected to the page, where you will be able to see the list of the games purchased by you recently. It will also show the transactions, for example funds added by you in the Steam Wallet.
- If you are unable to see the game in the list, for which you want the refund then you maybe you are not eligible for it anymore. We have already mentioned the reasons above, either you are applying for the refund after 14 days or you have played it for more than two hours.
- Select the respective game for which you are seeking the refund and then tap on ‘I would like a refund’.
- You will be redirected to the new page, which will allow you to choose the method of getting the refund amount back.
- Select the option of refunding, either to your debit or credit card or to the Steam Wallet, that is attached with the Steam account of yours
- Mention the reason that why are you looking for the refund. This one is going to be the last step of the process. It depends completely upon you, but the information could be passed to developer by Valve, which will be used by them to get the future games improved.
As per Valve, the refund will be processed in 7 days. Though this duration could be increased when it comes to the methods of international payments. Keep in mind that you cannot request the refunds frequently, because you may be blacklisted for abusing their system