- New six-month Nanodegree programme will prepare developers for jobs in the fast-growing blockchain industry
- Udacity has also today released “Built on Blockchain”, a six-part documentary series exploring the impact and scope of the new technology
- Registration is open today and the classroom opens on July 10, 2018
Udacity, the global online learning platform, has today launched a new Blockchain Developer Nanodegree. The six-month course, which was announced at Future of Fintech in New York, was developed in response to significant and increasing demand for blockchain skills from both employers and developers.
Designed to prepare developers for jobs in blockchain, students in the programme will build portfolio-ready projects designed in collaboration with working blockchain developers and hiring managers, and will have direct access to leading experts in the field. The course allows students to build their own blockchain to store and manage data, create their own smart contracts using Solidity, the primary language on Ethereum, and build a blockchain-powered web app for supply chain management.
For experienced developers interested in moving into blockchain, the programme offers hands-on experience building decentralised applications, and the opportunity to master the blockchain development skills that are in high demand across industries.
The course has been built to allow developers to take advantage of the surging demand for Blockchain skill-sets. The market globally continues to grow at pace with one estimate, quoted in a recent Deloitte study, predicting that the global blockchain technology market will see a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 62.1 percent between 2015 and 2025.
In order to ensure that the course keeps pace with such a fast-moving industry, Udacity has assembled a diverse roster of talent to be ‘Experts-In-Residence’ for the programme. Students will have the opportunity to engage in weekly office hours sessions with one or more of the group, allowing them to draw on significant expertise within blockchain and related fields:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Adam Gall, Co-founder, CTO, DECENT
- Brian Ho, Software Developer & Course Instructor, Blockchain at Berkeley
- Connor Yanz, Software Engineer, MadHive
- Matt Whittington, Software Developer, Factom
- Parker McCurley, Founder, DECENT
- Tyler Mace, Senior Software Engineer, MadHive
Udacity has also today released “Built on Blockchain”, a six-part documentary series exploring the impact and the diverse scope of the new technology, which it has released on its website.