- Adrian Payne will head up sales in the Midlands and South West regions
- MarketInvoice on course to provide over £100m in business finance to companies in Midlands and South West
- Regional partnerships to raise awareness of alternative finance options
Business finance company MarketInvoice has announced the appointment of Adrian Payne as Head of Sales for Midlands and South West regions. The appointment reflects the increasing interest from local companies there. More than £74m in funding has already been provided to them in 2018 (to date) against £67.1m in 2017.
MarketInvoice has a Manchester office and long-standing partnerships with local authorities in Leeds and Oxfordshire. Adrian Payne will establish a Birmingham-based team in 2018 to help grow the business across the Midlands.
Adrian brings over 10 years sales experience to MarketInvoice. He has managed and led regional teams in the Midlands and South West at Bibby Financial Services, Aldermore Bank and most recently at Ultimate Finance Group.
He began his career in finance at Barclays Bank as a business banking manger in 2010 supporting SMEs in Birmingham with their finance needs before moving to Bibby Financial Services in 2013. Here he honed his skills in invoice finance and worked closer with a wider range of businesses in the Midlands region. He moved to Aldermore Bank in 2014 as a regional sales manager before joining Ultimate Finance Group in 2015. As a regional director he grew the team, developed relationships with introducers and advised on the risk policy.
Adrian will work directly with Gavin Sumner, VP Sales at MarketInvoice. He will work between London and Shropshire. He will be tasked with delivering the business development strategy across sectors and regions whilst contributing to the underwriting and risk policies at MarketInvoice to enhance its proposition further.
Adrian Payne, Head of the Midlands and South West, of MarketInvoice commented: “MarketInvoice is growing at a phenomenal rate and I am thrilled to be joining the team at such an exciting time. Businesses in the Midlands and South West are agile and forward-looking companies, the MarketInvoice proposition will be a great fit.”
To date, MarketInvoice has funded business loans and over 90,000 invoices worth more than £2.4b since launching in 2011. The company has provided business finance solutions to thousands of businesses across the UK who employ more than 19,000 people. In 2017, MarketInvoice almost doubled the average amount advanced to UK businesses – from £606,000 in 2016 to £1.14m.
Gavin Sumner, VP Sales, MarketInvoicecommented: “Adrian brings a depth of experience that will benefit our clients and team alike. His deep knowledge of a range of sectors and regions will help to grow the reach of MarketInvoice and support businesses across the UK.”
MarketInvoice business highlights (last 12 months):
- Reached landmark milestone of funding invoices and business loans worth £2b to UK companies
- Launched new brand and business loans solution
- Secured credit insurance (Euler Hermes) and credit control (Veritas Commercial Services) partnerships
- Partnered with European banks that are participating directly on the platform alongside the British Business Bank, UK local authorities, global family offices and sophisticated and HNW investors
- Selected in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and Global CB Insights Fintech250 2017 rankings
- Appointed Giles Andrews OBE, the founding father of peer-to-peer lending, as Chairman
MarketInvoice’s main strategic ambition is to broaden its reach to be able to support a wider range of businesses, from start-ups to larger businesses looking to scale up. The company aims to help even more companies with their working capital needs, so business owners can save time and focus on running their business.