Enterprise Backup and Recovery Solution Enables Predictive Business Continuity with Cross-Platform Protection Across Physical and Virtual Environments
Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced the release of NetVault Backup 12.0, an enterprise backup and recovery solution that helps deliver predictive business continuity for the cloud era. Suited for even the most complex hybrid IT infrastructures, the new release of NetVault makes it easier for IT teams to deploy and manage enterprise data backup and recovery while ensuring the highest level of virtual server protection, storage performance, system security and control.
Organisations continue to face a high risk of business disruption from an even wider range of unforeseen events – including cyber attacks, natural disasters, system and application outages, and IT and end user errors. From degradation in business productivity and data loss, to revenue loss and lost customers, the repercussions can be catastrophic, and businesses simply can no longer afford even a minute of downtime.
“For decades, we’ve been laser-focused in arming customers and partners with the best data protection solutions to help organisations address their toughest backup and recovery challenges,” said Mark D’Apice, Executive Director of R&D and Product Management, Quest Data Protection. “With the launch of NetVault 12.0 today, we’re underscoring that focus by offering a world-class solution that makes protecting increasingly complex, hybrid IT infrastructures easier and faster than ever.”
NetVault is used by customers and partners around the globe to protect hundreds of petabytes of data. NetVault helps organisations with the most complex IT infrastructures feel confident in knowing that systems, applications and data are protected and recoverable. They are also prepared to quickly and proactively address unplanned outages resulting from an array of modern data loss threats.
Key features and benefits new to NetVault 12.0 include:
- Scaled-up virtualization backup management: Enables VMware plug-ins to run on any available proxy, allowing users to back up virtual machines (VMs) with a single unified view, with the ability to scale to thousands of VMs. Additionally, it features a heuristic algorithm that load balances backup jobs across multiple clients acting as backup proxies.
- Application-aware storage array snapshots: Perform significantly faster and easier backups with recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) for even the most demanding business needs.
- Single sign-on: Allows users to log into NetVaultusing Active Directory credentials, and role-based access controls regulate what operations administrators can perform. A “push install” capability helps streamline updates and installs – a particularly valuable feature for large environments with hundreds of clients.
- Powerful catalog search: Advanced search capabilities enable fast, granular searches of backup indexes, including fast-search capabilities for metadata (such as name, mod date and type) and save-sets with offline indexes; all enabling faster restores.
- Best-of-breed usability: More intuitive, single-screen workflows – including a new comprehensive widget-based dashboard – and efficient navigation streamline ease of use for administrators.
Channel Only Approach
Quest resellers, systems integrators, and managed services providers play a critical role in helping IT and VM administrators manage and protect their growing hybrid IT infrastructures. Channel partners participating in the Quest Partner Circle program can reap the benefits of Quest’s channel-only sales approach for NetVault 12.0 and the entire data protection solution suite. With NetVault 12.0, partners have access to an enterprise-grade backup and recovery solution designed to protect their customers’ growing diverse IT environments, support business growth and deliver predictive business continuity.
“Abtech has relied on NetVault for many years and is our go-to product for large, enterprise environments,” said Robby Wright, Chief Architect and Consultant, Abtech Technologies, Inc. “The latest upgrade makes it even easier to administer and the newest features enhance our ability to perform backup and recovery tasks with ease. Add this to NetVault’s reliability and it is a very good product.”
To learn more about the Quest Partner Circle program, visit: https://partners.quest.com