With regulation and competition challenging banks in unprecedented ways, Oracle offers one of the most comprehensive open API banking solutions
In today’s economy, banks seek to adapt a more customer-centric business model by delivering new services with greater transparency.Traditional banks understand that they must equip themselves with digital capabilities to avoid being disintermediated by new players in the industry.Oracle’s open API banking solution set can help banks make the difference they need. Packaged and ready for integration with any financial institution’s tech ecosystem, Oracle’s end-to-end solution is well suited for open API initiatives that require design, documentation, simulation, management, identity/security management and monetization backed by business analytics.
With both,the rise of fintechs and increased scrutiny from regulatory agencies dominating
industry conversation, banks must look to embrace change rather than simply comply with it.This means going beyond acting as traditional banks and begin operating as ‘platforms’that enable direct integration from third party applications. Open API protocols have even gained global prominence through region-specific initiatives that focus on end-customer benefits. PSD2 regulation in the European Union and initiatives by the Singapore Monetary Authority, U.K. Financial Conduct Authority and Australia Economic Committee are ongoing efforts to make open banking and open APIs standard.
This environment ushers an ageof transparency that demands an open API architecture, which typically requires components from several vendors if it is to be executed successfully. Oracle today, eliminates the need of engaging with multiple vendors, and offers customers an end-to-end open API solution under one roof. It also provides the added benefit of an unparalleled hyper-connected experience.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
“Times have changed and today, more than ever, a two-fold approach is necessary when implementing customer facing technology,” said Oracle Senior Vice President Chet Kamat. “Quite simply, the two aspects are acquiring plug-and-play lifecycle experience products—like mobile applications and omni-channel user experience solutions—and adopting open API banking. Oracle offers a solution versatile enough to cater to both these needs.”
Oracle’s open API banking solution enables financial institutions to roll out their API initiatives quickly. Banks can gain new revenue streams, rethink their operating and business models,all without disrupting their pre-existing tech architecture. This is made possible by the sheer breadth of offerings within Oracle’s toolset.
Oracle’s open API bankingsolution set includes:
- Oracle Banking Digital Experience: This full spectrum multi-channel solution provides over 1000 fine grained APIs which can be leveraged for Open Banking.
- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing: Allows the bank to price each API call based on rate plans blended with enterprise class relationship pricing. This provides a unique API monetization model for financial institutions.
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service Management:A next-gen security and identity platformthat helps banks define and manage their API security policy.
- Apiary: This cloudbanking platform can be leveraged to design, prototype, document and test APIs.
- Oracle API Platform Cloud Service:Manages the entire API lifecyclebeginning with design and standardization to documenting, publishing, and parameterization and testing of prototypes.
- Oracle Banking Payments: With payments underlining most API regulations, banks need a robust payments engine to deliver rich payment experiences. Built grounds up on ISO20022 Oracle’s payments solution gives banks the ability to cater to rich API workloads.