Company name: GP Bullhound www.gpbullhound.com
Nature of business: GP Bullhound is a technology investment bank providing world-class advice on mergers, acquisitions and private placements to a diverse range of corporate clients, institutional investors and high-net worth individuals.
Locations: GP Bullhound works across Europe, with offices in London, San Francisco, Stockholm and Berlin. The banking firm was ranked as the number one tech advisor in Europe in terms of deal volume by S&P Capital IQ.
Contact information: Cecilia Roman, Director of Marketing – [email protected]
- Hugh Campbell, Managing Partner
- Christian Lagerling, Managing Partner
- Manish Madhvani, Managing Partner
- Per Roman, Managing Partner
Brief history of the company, certifications/licences, products/services offered, csr activities, major projects:
GP Bullhound was founded in 1999, during the dot-com bust, by Manish Madhvani and Hugh Campbell, who were both in their mid-twenties at the time. Profitable every year since its inception, the banking firm saw year-on-year growth of 70% in 2013.
GP Bullhound has a team of 45, with 33 technology bankers, Europe’s largest banking team dedicated to the sector. A supporter of innovation and entrepreneurialism, GP Bullhound hosts a number of events for the industry throughout year, including sector focussed roundtables. It recently hosted its tenth annual Media Momentum Awards and Summit, which takes place in a different tech hotspot each year. 2013 saw the event hit Stockholm in Sweden, a country famed for European innovation and technological success. This year, winners included Rovio, Klarna and Instabridge.
Over the last twelve months, GP Bullhound has advised on deals including:
- Avito: raised $75m capital from Accel Partners
- Glasses Direct: the acquisition of LensOn and its most recent round of funding, now the largest player in Europe
- SteelSeries: sale to Catterton Partners (undisclosed, $100+)
- 192: sale to Experian
- Anobii: sold HMV’s stake in the company to on Sainsbury’s