INNOVATIVE PAYMENT SOLUTION TO REVOLUTIONISE BUSINESS MOBILITY
Allstar, the UK’s leading fuel card provider, has partnered with global payments technology company, Visa, to launch a brand new combined fuel and travel expense card called ‘Allstar Plus’.
This contactless enabled card combines the benefits of the Allstar Fuel Card Network with the access of the broader Visa payment network, creating a unique payment card which offers businesses both control and flexibility for fuel and other travel related spending.
The Allstar Plus card also provides businesses with enhanced data reporting for all fuel purchases1, including odometer readings and fuel type, allowing decision makers to stay in control of their expenses whilst cutting down on paperwork and admin.
The partnership with Visa enables Allstar Plus cardholders to use the card for more than just fuel and tailor this to their needs. This means that cardholders are also able to pay, for example, for train tickets, meals, or hotel accommodation when given the clearance to do so by their company. By handing businesses control over spend limits and categories, the innovative system maintains control, and provides improved expense reporting, single invoicing and extended payment terms to help manage cash flow and working capital needs.
Key features of the card include:
- Complete fuel site coverage across the UK, with the added benefit of up to 2 pence per litre discounts on diesel at over 1,800 forecourts across the UK
- HMRC approved reports on fuel purchases to streamline administration, saving time and money
- Unsurpassed acceptance through the Visa network – for example, if an employee sometimes takes the train, needs to purchase meals, stay overnight in a hotel or even use taxis occasionally
- The ability for employers to set spending limits and define in which sectors employees are able to make purchases through broad merchant categories
- Comprehensive reports detailing how much is being spent and where, enhancing visibility over employee expenditure and streamlining administration, saving time and money
- Up to 44 days to pay for fuel and other spend on the card as standard, helping businesses manage cash flow requirements during challenging trading periods.
Alan King, CEO UK and Australasia at Allstar’s parent company, Fleetcor, said:
“As the UK’s leading fuel card operator with the largest network, Allstar is already delivering tangible benefits to tens of thousands of business customers, including discounts off pump price and comprehensive reports, saving UK businesses money and time by cutting out unnecessary admin. We recognise that companies sometimes want their employees to be able to pay for more than just fuel, but need to ensure they retain strong controls in the process.
“That’s why we have created this dual-network payment card that combines the benefits of a fuel card with the flexibility of being able to use the Visa network in a controlled way.”
“Businesses can now enjoy even more ways to pay with the Allstar Plus Visa card, and still retain all the advantages of the Allstar network”, Alan said. “We are delighted to be partnering with Visa on this next-generation fuel card, which delivers a total mobility payment solution to our customers and partners”.
Kevin Jenkins, Managing Director, UK at Visa, said:
“We’re pleased to partner with Allstar to launch the Allstar Plus Visa card. This innovative product uses Visa’s latest payment technology, and brings the strength of our unsurpassed acceptance across the network to Allstar and their clients. Through the creation of the Allstar Plus card, we will see tangible benefits through reduced costs for businesses for whom employee travel is a necessity, freeing up time for them to deal with key operational decisions.”
Available from today, business customers can find out more and apply at allstarcard.co.uk