November 29 New York City Event to Help Financial Markets Move From Blockchain Talk to Blockchain Walk
The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance (WSBA), a non-profit 501 (c) (6) trade association, in partnership with Lighthouse Partners’ The Blockchain Conference, has announced key speakers and sponsors supporting its November 29, 2016 Blockchain for Wall Street education day (www.blockchainforwallstreet.com). Participants include ConsenSys, Credit Suisse, DTCC, Hyperledger Project, IBM, Mizuho Securities, Symbiont and Synechron.
A key mission of Blockchain for Wall Street is to support financial markets players as they move beyond “blockchain talk” to engage in “blockchain walk” – the financial markets have witnessed a myriad of blockchain “proof-of-concepts” over the past year or more. The industry is now preparing for a future of production blockchain implementations.
Underpinning the event’s mission is an educational program featuring a number of sessions that will provide practical insights and perspectives on how to leverage, select, deploy and manage blockchain, distributed ledger and smart contract technologies. Sessions will focus on:
- Killer Apps for Blockchains – focusing on specific business areas that will benefit from early adoption of distributed ledger technology.
- Making the Right Blockchain Choice for Financial Applications – discussing permissioned vs. permission-less approaches, consensus and governance models and proprietary vs. open source offerings.
- Blockchain Implementation Considerations – covering best practices for blockchain deployment, integration with legacy systems, cloud hosting of blockchains and cyber security issues.
- Deploying Legally Sound, Predictable and Secure Smart Contracts – gives insight on how to ensure that smart contracts reflect legal agreements, are thoroughly tested and monitored, and can access external information sources.
- Defining Standards for Blockchains and Smart Contracts in the Financial Markets – providing an overview on what existing standards have relevance and initiatives to bring them into the blockchain world.
Notes Ron Quaranta, Chairman of the WSBA: “We are excited to debut the Blockchain for Wall Street education day, which is helping to accelerate real-life deployment of distributed ledger and smart contract technology in the financial markets. Our sponsors AlphaPoint, Calypso Technology, Cloudsoft, Polsinelli and Synechron are all contributing by bringing their thought leadership and real-life experiences to the program.”