Mutual funds is an investment programme that is funded by shareholders who trades in different holdings and these portfolios are organized professionally.
Mutual funds have been managed and are in use from a very long run, but still many people hesitate to participate actively to buy and sell the mutual funds, since they are not aware of the mutual fund market.
Now talking about when to buy and sell the mutual funds, then I guess you all must have some questions in your mind like should I sell my funds because the market has touched the new heights, or should I redeem since the scheme on which i have invested is not doing well and many more.
When to invest in a mutual fund?
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Investing in a mutual funds sounds interesting and little bit risky too but if you have proper knowledge of market trading then it can give you the best output. You can invest in Mutual Funds whenever you wish to but ensure that for the swift growth and outrageous returns you invest when the market is down, the infrastructure and the real state rocks bottom but practically this scenario does not occur usually, so you can invest anytime but you should keep some factors in mind while investing.
Factors that decide the ideal time to invest in Mutual Funds
To get the excellent returns focus on the factors given below:
- Risk Appetite: There are various mutual funds that are risk free and are good for the investors who wish for the safe returns. If you want the quick returns and have previously invested in the funds like FD and PPF then you should go for the high returns and high-risk funds that will assure you to maximize your profit.
- Market positioning: For the investors who don’t want to take high risk then the best time for them to invest in is during the market correction (10-15%). Investments can be done anytime for the people who are fine taking high risk they can go for investing in SIP or lump sum.
- Return on Investment: Investors who wants high return do not wait for the downfall in market rather they select the long term investment mutual funds or choose SIP.
When to Sell a mutual fund?
Most of the investors suspect the best time to sell mutual fund is when you see the market is at its peak or is rising, and you can gain the maximum profit out of it.The end of the year is also considered as the ideal time to sell mutual funds for the tax purpose as taxes also devour a good amount capital gains of long term.
Factors that decide the ideal time to Sell the Mutual Funds
- Backend loads: Backend loads are the charges that are deducted when you liquidate your investment and these charges are cut shot from the value you have redeemed. So, you should always be aware of the fact that liquidating the units is optimal or not. On the other hand, there are front end loads which includes the fees of sales at the time of your first investment in funds.
- Tax consequences: When your mutual fund has notable gains and the fund is under the taxable account then you will be affected by the capital gain taxes.