The “Sodium Silicate Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Pulp & Paper, Catalysts, Detergents, Elastomers, Food & Healthcare), By Region, Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Commercially sodium silicate is available in both liquid and solid forms. International trade of liquid products, is limited by cost of transportation rather than production costs. As a result, the majority of the sodium silicate manufacturers prefer captive consumption of the product for manufacturing of silica derivatives such as zeolites, and precipitated silica.
Sodium silicate products of commercial concentrations with m< 1.8 and silicate powders with m< 2.4 attack the skin when tested according to Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA) protocols. The sodium silicate market is, thus, subjected to stringent regulations prescribed by Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA), the U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- The catalysts application segment is anticipated to register a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand of sodium silicate in transesterification of palm oil for formulation of biodiesel.
- Detergents was the dominant application segment in 2017, accounting for over 24% of the overall revenue. The growth of the segment can be attributed to high demand for sodium silicate for manufacturing of powdered detergents.
- The elastomers application segment is expected to progress at the highest CAGR of 4% in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to high demand for sodium silicate in manufacturing molded flexible parts, seals, and adhesives.
- Asia Pacific held the largest share of over 43.9% in 2017 and is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period on account of flourishing automotive and construction sector in emerging economies of China and India.
- Participants in the industry have adopted partnership and joint venture strategies to serve increasing consumer demand and gain larger market shares.
- BASF SE
- CIECH Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- GHCL Limited
- Huber Engineered Materials
- IQE Group
- Merck Millipore
- Nippon Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- PPG Industries Inc.
- PQ Corporation
- Shangyu Huachang Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Shijiazhuang Shuanglian Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Sinchem Silica Gel Co. Ltd.
- Solvay S.A.
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- Tokuyama Corporation
- W.R. Grace & Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p3g8ln/the_global_sodium?w=4
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.