The BTS Sales Index increased by 1.0 point (+0.9 percent) in October to 109.5. The 1,000 companies surveyed for the BTS Sales Index reported an increase in aggregate revenue of $31 billion, up from $3.73 trillion in September to $3.404 trillion in October.
The Sales Indexs increase can be attributed to several factors:
- The unemployment rate is 3.7 percent, its lowest since 1969, and wage pressures have begun to build
- Employers added 250,000 jobs this month, 60,000 more than expected
- According to the Labor Department, wages and salaries rose by 3.1 percent, the highest level in a decade
- October was a brutal month for the stock market with the Nasdaq tumbling 9 percent “ its biggest drop since November of 2008
- With the strong hiring and wage increases this month, keep an eye out as The Fed is expected to raise interest rates again before the end of the year
What is the BTS Sales Index?
The BTS Sales Index is a simple and predictive monthly metric that gives enterprise leaders the right vantage point by which to view their critical business decisions.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
It represents the aggregate total revenue of the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies in the U.S. in one easy-to-understand number. Every month, the total revenue reported by these companies is run through BTS custom-built indexing tool. The index uses Q2 2013 numbers as a baseline based on the quarters stable economic recovery indicators.
The BTS Sales Index is published in the first week of every month, reflecting the previous months data, along with context such as industry-specific trends and job rates that impact revenue. BTS has been tracking the index since October 2017.
Find the BTS Sales Index here.
BTS is a global professional services firm headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. We focus on the people side of strategy, working with leaders at all levels to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver results. For 30 years, we’ve been designing fun, powerful experiences that have a profound and lasting impact on people and their careers. Its strategy made personal.
BTS is a public company trading on the Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbol BTS B.
Rommin Adl, +1 203-391-5223