Analysts at Strategy Analytics have released their top 10 predictions for 2019. Strategy Analytics identifies customer trust, improved Human Machine Interface and user experience to be the common glue that links automated vehicles, AI, 5G, intelligent home, IoT and workforce mobility and media/entertainment markets. Continued disruption is certain across the automotive, telecoms, media and technology value chains. The technology landscape and pace of innovation remains strong and the battle for brand relevance, brand fit across different customer segments will intensify in 2019 and beyond.
The latest report 2019 Predictions: Customer Trust and User Experience Critical across Automated Vehicles, AI, 5G and Connected Solutions is available here. Key predictions for 2019 include:
1. At least 5 automated driving trials will be launched in 2019 “ mostly from companies that are not mainstream automakers
2. Amazon and Google dominate Smart Speakers and Screens today but buyers are ready to consider many other brands for their purchases in 2019.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
3. Commercial 5G networks will be in place in 15 markets at some level in 2019 but subs under 6M
4. 5G Smartphones will be Niche and Expensive Unless Subsidies Return. Foldable devices fun but still work in progress.
5. Silicon technology will capture market share in 5G millimeter wave front end functions
6. On-device AI Engines will Drive up Mid-Range Device Costs
7. Artificial Intelligence in the media and other industries will be slowed by a shortage of skilled practitioners.
8. Consumer trust in digital services will continue to fall during 2019 representing huge opportunities and challenges.
9. Global mobile workforce spending remains healthy. 42% of surveyed companies indicated IT spending will increase 1-6% in the next 5 years
10. Compliance and Tangible Business Benefits key for IoT but profitable participation will remain extremely tough.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success.