Company name: Sentrum Colo
Nature of business: Sentrum Colo is a colocation services provider, offering business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
Locations: Their Head Office is located in central London, while the Sentrum Colo London datacentre is within 5 miles of the M25 and M4. Just 15 minutes from
Heathrow Airport and 20 minutes from Central London by train.
Markets: The company serves businesses that need highly secure and resilient infrastructure storage and backup capabilities across a wide range of markets,
including digital agencies, connectivity service providers, managed services providers and many other industries, including the financial sector.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Sales Operations Manager
+44 (0) 207 317 4555
55, Baker Street
Optimum Data Centre
Springfield Industrial Estate
Stephen Scott, Managing Director
Stephen Scott is the Managing Director for Sentrum Colo and Director for Bridgehouse Capital.
- Stephen started out his career in the Royal Navy as an Air Engineering Officer before resigning his commission in 1990 and going on to accumulate
- considerable experience in the global IT market. He had a pivotal role in the acquisition and restructuring of PSINet Europe where subsequently he acted as
- MD. Following the sale of PSINet to Telstra, Stephen took on the role of CEO at IT hosting and outsourcing company, NaviSite Europe, where he managed its
- integration with IT hosting firm ConXion. Stephen also participated in the acquisition and restructure of Global Marine Systems where he continues to serve
- on the Board.
Lawrence Buxton, Operations Director
- Lawrence has extensive knowledge of the colocation and managed services environment, having worked for NaviSite Europe as UK Regional Datacentre Manager
- prior to joining Sentrum Colo in 2011.
- Throughout his 12 years in the industry, Lawrence has been responsible for the management for four data centre construction projects, the coordination of OS
- & Hardware for two large scale data centre moves and was also the Dell Hardware specialist for the UK and EMEA areas within NaviSite.
- Lawrence has a BEng in Electronic Engineer and Computer Science from Aston University, a PRINCE2 practitioner qualification and is currently undergoing a
- Chartered accreditation with the IET. Lawrence is also an IET Professional Member.
Graham Monro, Sales Director
- Graham has extensive experience working within the colocation and managed services environment, having worked for Colt Technology Services for eight years
- supporting financial and media clients for managed services and hosting, throughout which he was responsible for a number of major wins, including the
- migration of a media company into two Colt facilities with a TCV of £6.5m. Graham also worked for Sun Microsystems and IBM prior to joining Sentrum Colo.
- Graham has considerable experience in both technical and commercial roles delivering mission critical solutions for customers.
- Graham has an M.Sc. in Computer Sciences from University of East London and a Diploma in Management Studies from De Montfort Studies, Leister.
Andrea Forder, Sales Operations Manager
- As a sales operations manager at Sentrum Colo, Andrea is responsible for customer experience including supporting client implementations and operational
- processes as well as the coordination of service delivery to drive customer retention. Andrea also manages all third party relations with partners
- delivering customer support services to Sentrum Colo’s client base and managing the execution of their marketing and PR strategy.
- Prior to joining Sentrum Colo, Andrea worked as a programme manager at Adstream and has more than 10 years experience in managed and online services working
- for Navisite Europe and Star.
- Andrea holds a BA hons for Spanish from Exeter University
Brief history of the company:
- Sentrum Colo was formed in September 2011. It was incorporated specifically to take advantage of the growing demand in the colocation market. The investors and management team at Sentrum Colo have significant experience in the broader sector that surrounds data centre centric services, including colocation. The investor, Bridgehouse Capital Limited, has quite a track record in the space including previous controlling interests in several significant companies in the space including: Global Switch, PSINet Europe, Navisite Inc. and Sentrum.
- Originally built to the highest specifications for a global bank, the data centre offers robust levels of security and resiliency and has had no down time during the last 10 years.
- List-X security status
- Tier III design and operation criteria deployed at the site
Colocation: For businesses that require the flexibility to change – for growth or shrinkage, Sentrum Colo can offer flexible terms and contiguous space for expansion. Its standard rack specification delivers improved cooling and cable management. Power options range from 2kW to 20kW per rack and power usage can be included in the cost of the rental or charged on a per kW basis.
For customers with high density needs the team will work closely with customers to plan and deliver racks that benefit from UPS backed fan tiles and cold aisle containment – ensuring maximum efficiency.
For larger estates, dedicated cage options provide additional security without expensive property build out costs. Secured to both raised flooring and ceiling slabs, each cage is benefits from multiple security features ensuring the ultimate in structural integrity.
Connectivity: Sentrum Colo delivers completely diverse premium burstable bandwidth of up to 1 Gbps on demand (with 10Gbps options also available). As a carrier neutral site, it can provide connectivity via an extensive list of carriers. On site carriers include BT, Colt, Level 3, Virgin Media, Vtesse, Fibreway and Fibrenet with access via our backhaul to a multitude of carriers through Telehouse North and Equinix.
Delivered using physically diverse telco links, high availability routers and distribution switches Sentrum Colo provides maximum redundancy and failover capability, underwritten by a 99.999% uptime SLA. With both bandwidth and link state monitoring it has the capability to flag and react to issues before they
become a problem.
Data Recovery & Backup: Through its partnership with leading specialist Backup Technology Sentrum Colo is able to provide online backup services, allowing customers to counter the time, cost and process burden commonly associated with traditional backup solutions.
Providing customers with segregated network and private WAN access, ensuring the highest standards of confidentiality and security.
Track Eleven Selects Sentrum Colo to House its Mission Critical Telecommunication IT Infrastructure: Colocation facilities enable Track Eleven to grow its customer base and put in place a disaster recovery contingency.
Virtual1 responds to demand for Business Continuity solutions with launch of new Datacentre facilities with Sentrum Colo.: Virtual1 has responded to the increasing demand for Business Continuity solutions by announcing the launch of new datacentre facilities in Outer London, through a new partnership with datacentre experts, Sentrum Colo.
Next Connex lights fibre into Sentrum Colo: Sentrum Colo is now fully lit with Next Connex fibre, enhancing available network connectivity; incorporating the Data Centre into a wider estate of sites inter-linked with Next Connex’s Layer 1 network infrastructure.
Sentrum Colo and LDeX Partner to Provide Data Centre Redundancy: Sentrum Colo, one of the UK’s leading colo specialists, has partnered with LDeX to provide a dual-site, turn-key solution for mission critical servers. This new partnership will enable customers of Sentrum Colo and LDeX to easily achieve data redundancy along with scalability and high availability.