This New Year, millions of Texans are integrating the hottest tech into their lives. While some turn to these devices for an in-home entertainment experience, most users are looking to improve their daily routines and make life easier. And now they can add managing their electricity use to that list.
For the first time, customers who sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan will receive a Google Home Hub, a new smart display with the Google Assistant. In addition, Reliant customers can now sync their account to the smart display, giving them a whole new way of interacting with and managing their electricity use through voice commands and the Hubs 7-inch screen. Reliant is also the first energy company in the U.S. using Googles Assistant developer tools to create visual displays that provide personalized energy information.
By joining forces with Google, our customers now have access to the newest digital technology that not only provides an energy management solution, but also helps simplify their lives, said Elizabeth Killinger, president of Reliant and NRG Retail. Our team has been hard at work creating commands and an interface that work seamlessly with the Google Home Hub to provide customized information about their energy use and Reliant account. Were excited to offer our customers best-in-class service in a new and convenient way.
A personal command center for energy efficiency and more:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Keep an eye on your electricity use with a customized weekly snapshot by saying Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much electricity am I using? Youll even get an estimate of your expected weekly electricity charges.
- Manage your Reliant account by asking simple questions like Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much is my bill? Customers can also learn more about their electricity plan with questions such as, Hey Google, ask Reliant, when does my plan expire? or Hey Google, ask Reliant, when does my Free Weekend start? You can also set a reminder for Google to notify you automatically when your free weekend begins.
- Control the temperature of your home with a Nest thermostat, which seamlessly connects to the Google Home Hub, with simple commands like Hey Google, make it warmer.
- Create personalized daily routines, just say Hey Google, good morning, to launch reminders, weather and commute updates. You can also unwind with your evening routine, just say Hey Google, good night to set the thermostat, turn off lights and much more.
- Get help at a glance, enjoy entertainment and more when you ask Google Home Hub questions. Tell it to do things. Play music. Watch videos. Get the latest on weather, traffic, sports, local businesses and more.
Reliant and Google inked a partner agreement for 2019, positioning Reliant as the premier retail electricity provider of Google Home and Nest products in Texas. This powerful collaboration allows Reliant to offer a compelling new suite of electricity plans paired with a full range of the latest smart home innovations from Google and Nest.
Customers can sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan and receive a Google Home Hub at no cost by visiting reliant.com or calling 1-866-Reliant. Truly Free Weekends begin at 8 p.m. Friday and end at 12 a.m. Monday.
About Reliant, an NRG company
Reliant powers, protects and simplifies life by bringing electricity, security and related services to homes and businesses across Texas. Serving customers and the community is at the core of what we do, and the company is nationally recognized for outstanding customer experience. Reliant is part of NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG), a Fortune 500 company that creates value by generating electricity and serving more than 3 million residential and commercial customers across the U.S. and Canada. NRGs competitive residential electricity business, which includes Reliant, is the largest in the country. For more information about Reliant, please visit reliant.com and connect with Reliant on Facebook at facebook.com/reliantenergy and Twitter or Instagram @reliantenergy. PUCT Certificate #10007.